What storage capacity did you buy and why?

nyry

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys :) I had a question for all of you as a person who wants to buy a new space grey 5s:
How many GBs do you use on your phone? Why did you get the storage capacity that you did? did it end up being too much or too little?
I am teetering back and forth between getting the 32Gb or the 64GB version, but I fell that eventually I will hit 32GB but 64GB seems overkill and I dont know if an extra 100 dollars is worth it for storage I might not even use so idk what I am going to do lol
Thanks guys :)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey Nyry. I have a 64 gig. I got it because it was the only one the had available at a Sprint Store, a few days after release day. I wanted at most a 32 but I felt I had to get this 64 because of that initial wait.

Back then my local Sprint stores had no idea when they would get them in stock. I'm more than happy with the 64gig. I don't worry about running out of storage space. Right now I have about 42gig left lol. A 32 gig gives you room to grow if you want to put movies in or a bunch of music. All depends on how you plan to use it.

Previously I had a 16gig 4s and had to do a lot of space management. I always had to off load videos to make space. Good luck with your decision.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have just the little 16gb iPhone 5. Your usual person would probably have at least a 32. Honestly, I've had no problem with only 16gb. I do plan on getting the 5S soon and I'll probably be getting the 32gb Space Grey model, but that's only because I feel like spoiling myself a little bit.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the 64 and have 31.5 left of space. I use to keep my music, videos, photos (from 3GS to today), and many apps. I now stream most of my music, why I have so much space left. :)

What will you keep on your phone and how much space management do you want to do? I love having so many photos on my phone. I also like that I have the space for my music and videos.

nyry

May 31, 2012
Visit site
How much music do you like to keep on devices opposed to Internet radio services? How many photos do you take? How many videos? Are you ok with syncing to remove photos and videos to a PC if you need the room? What kind of apps do you like? Simple ones like Facebook or candy crush or more complex and larger apps like Infinity Blade? Would you like to be able to keep iTunes movies or tv shows on the device?

I have about 8 Gigs of just music on my phone right now, I like to keep most if not all of my music local because I get choppy service where I live and am not home much :) I take a decent amount of photos and videos, probably 2GB worth. Im totally fine with that :) I like smaller apps for the most part, I use alot of social apps like Facebook and Instagram, Twitter, etc. some simple games like dots and bejewled but a fair amount of intensive games as well, like real racing and infinity blade. I dont really use itunes for movies or tv shows as I never got into having like movies and stuff on my phone :p unless its netflix :)

I have the 64 and have 31.5 left of space. I use to keep my music, videos, photos (from 3GS to today), and many apps. I now stream most of my music, why I have so much space left. :)

What will you keep on your phone and how much space management do you want to do? I love having so many photos on my phone. I also like that I have the space for my music and videos.

I keep all my media like music, pictures and videos I take, a considerable amount of apps (around 40 or 50 xD) but most of them aren't over 40 megs each. Yeah me too I love taking pictures with my phone of cool stuff I see :p
From your guys' answers, Im assuming 64 is awesome to have, but in most cases overkill :p

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
64 GB. I take a lot of pics and vids. I also like to keep my music collection on my device and not stream it from match. Once they go 128 GB, I will get that.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the 64gb. I keep all of my photo and video albums synced to my phone. Currently 8,000 pics and 250 videos. I am slowly moving stuff to the cloud but prefer local storage. I have around 100 apps and several movies as well. Spotify and Tunein handle all of my music needs. I would welcome 128gb with open arms so I could store all of my videos locally but 64gb will do ;)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a 32gig. That's enough room for me not to have to worry about storage. Currently have 350 songs 600 pics and 285 apps. Have 12gigs left

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the 64GB. I take lots of pics & vids because I travel a lot and I have lots of music because I'm not always on a flight with wifi. I also have a million work files on my phone. I currently have 27GB left. So even if I got the 32GB, I would of run out of storage.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I downgraded to a 32gb 5S from my 64gb iPhone 5 with the forethought that I would be upgrading my iPad 3 to a 128gb iPad whenever the new model came out. Happily it worked out and suits my needs well. I do have to do some space management when I take longer videos but it's not an issue (thank jeebuz for AirDrop!).

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Right now 32 is enough for me, although eventually I'm gonna need a 64gb as my music collection keeps on growing. I keep apps at a minimum and all my pics auto upload to dropbox.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I got the 64GB model again this year. With 50.1GB left, I probably should go down to 32GB for next years iPhone since I'm paying for storage that I won't use.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the 16gig, I would have went larger but I paid full price and did not have the extra money. All of my music and photos are in the cloud, I keep a few on device but not much. I only have a couple games but lots of other apps. I have around 5.5 gig free

Sent from my iPhone 5s on Virgin Mobile using Tapatalk - now Free

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have a 32GB model with around 3GB of music, around 2.5GB of photos/videos, six heavy games (each 1GB or larger), all versions of Temple Run, all versions of Angry Birds (for some reason), the iLife suite, most major social network apps and a bunch of other utility apps like Gmail, Google Maps etc. with slightly more than 8GB left on my phone.

Bottom line, if you're a moderate user like I am, you'll get enough storage in a 32GB model along with a bit to spare. However, if you have a massive collection of music, love the camera a bit too much and like gaming even more than I do, you're probably better off with a 64GB model.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmm I had a nice long paragraph that I accidentally deleted for this.

Okay! When the i5 first came out I had a 64gb and quickly realized that was too much space, but at the same time, I stored more music and even movies on my phone. The second i5 I bought was a 32gb, which was good enough. I always had room because I stopped putting music on my phone (with streaming available and unlimited data, music on the phone isn't necessary to me). With the 5s I thought about getting a 64gb model again, but I didn't do it! I stuck with a 32gb i5s, which is great because once I deleted 1000 pictures of my 2000 pictures and 30 some videos, I'm down to 12.8gb available of 14.7gb. Only music I currently have is downloaded from the iTunes cloud, even then I don't download them unless I buy a song or album, then it automatically downloads. I roughly have about 160 apps installed, including games.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought the 32GB since I got a $100 trade-in for my old Android device. It was a no-brainer to me to get a 32GB for the price of a 16GB.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I went 64 and if I had the option for 128 I would've gotten it. I take a lot of pictures and videos and I know with a better camera that was only going to get to be a bigger problem. I was awfully full on my 32g 4S with videos and photos, and that's WITH syncing and backing up images and videos elsewhere.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR