What sort of programs would best suit my Mother who just got her first MacBook Air?

Miyaa999

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
So...my mother had to get a new computer, for home and for our farm business. She decided to get a MacBook Air instead of getting a new laptop with Windows 10. ("Windows 7 was getting decommissioned, so a Mac was better than Windows 10!" were her words to me.)

Other than getting Quickbooks for Mac, are there software you would recommend that a 70 year old first time Mac user get that isn't already on the Mac already? Also: best Mahjong game to get for her, since it's the only game she ever plays on her old computer? (I feel it's my fault for leading her to a Mac since I have a Mac Mini...but I didn't expect her to just get a new MacBook Air!)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That would depend on her usage. Will she be doing the typical web surfing, sending & receiving email, checking social feeds and editing photos? If so, she can most of that via a web browser and Safari should be sufficient.

With that being said, find out what she does on the computer and then we can provide more detailed answers for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77