What should my new Macbook be?

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Looking to change

Hi everyone,

I've got an Early 2015 MacBook Air 13" which is completely fine.

However, I've just started my own business, and I'm looking to get a MacBook Pro with a larger HDD and more RAM so I can run a virtual machine copy of my Windows laptop which has my business software I use on it (CAD software which isn't compatible with OSX) so I just have one machine and not two.

I don't know if I went to my local Apple store whether they'd take my MacBook Air in part exchange? Do they do this? Obviously they get machines back which they then refurbish and resell on their website.

I'd hate to lose my Air, but the screen just isn't large enough or hi res enough to do complicated graphical work such as CAD, plus I only have a 256 SSD in it which the Windows virtual machine will use a chunk of it up.

Many thanks

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
An option to consider is getting a Windows laptop to run your CAD software, and keep the MacBook Air for personal use. This way you can keep your business and required apps contained on one system.

Whichever path you decide to take, recommend implementing a backup plan for both systems via local storage, and a remote secure cloud solution.

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
An option to consider is getting a Windows laptop to run your CAD software, and keep the MacBook Air for personal use. This way you can keep your business and required apps contained on one system.

Whichever path you decide to take, recommend implementing a backup plan for both systems via local storage, and a remote secure cloud solution.

Hi,

I already have the CAD software on a Windows ultrabook, but I have my MacBook Air and I also have a late 2015 iMac as well which I'll use in my office, but I also work at another site.

My initial thoughts were to clone the Windows setup as a virtual machine to my iMac and then access any Windows based apps I needed remotely if I was at the other site, but the Internet connection at the 2nd site is not the best so this would make this difficult.

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Looking to change

Okay so I went on the apple recycle site for the uk.

For my Air early 2015, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd, core i7 2.2ghz cup and not a scratch on it.

?185!!!

Yeah I don't think I'll bother. They'll do minimal refurb to it and sell it for like ?700-?800.

I'd be better off selling it on eBay.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2