What should I upgrade to?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Currently have an iphone 6 and I think time to upgrade at some point. Currently have to take my current phone in to see if yet again I need a new battery. Cold weather just kills my batteries. Had this happen last year. I think maybe be time to deal with it and then just upgrade to new phone.

I plan to switch carriers to so thats why I've been holding off.

What's my best bet on phone to upgrade to?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This is personal and dependent on your budget.

If low budget, go with a 7. If your current phone is not big enough, go with the 7 Plus.
If you have a little more room to spend, go with the 8 or 8 Plus.
If money is no problem at all go with the iPhone X.

Hope this helps.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is personal and dependent on your budget.

If low budget, go with a 7. If your current phone is not big enough, go with the 7 Plus.
If you have a little more room to spend, go with the 8 or 8 Plus.
If money is no problem at all go with the iPhone X.

I wholeheartedly concur with Tartarus....:)
Hope this helps.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I'll spend what I need to. Space is no issue really. I just luck out with battery life. My main thing is making sure that everything on this phone can be transferred over no issue. Then maybe I'd just sell the 6 if I can. Possibly I'd get the battery changed out on the 6 cause I am having an issue. Then maybe I'd get more on resale but even then I'm weary of reselling a phone.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I'll spend what I need to. Space is no issue really. I just luck out with battery life. My main thing is making sure that everything on this phone can be transferred over no issue. Then maybe I'd just sell the 6 if I can. Possibly I'd get the battery changed out on the 6 cause I am having an issue. Then maybe I'd get more on resale but even then I'm weary of reselling a phone.

On Christmas i received my second iPhone ever. I was a bit worried about getting my 8 Plus to mirror my 6s Plus. Once you go through the set there will be an option to set your new phone up with the most recent back up of your old phone. So make sure you have the most recent backup to iCloud. Then let the iPhone do the rest. Everything, including text messages, was backed up to my new device. It was so simple I thought I had messed something up.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Another thing to consider is the home button and touch id. If that is something that you want to have, then you would want to consider either one of the sevens or eights. If it's not an issue, then as has already been stated, the X would be another good option!

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Prices really have changed. I paid like $900 total over the course of a year and a half. Monthly I had a payment attached to my phone bill. Now a 7 or 8 is just over $600. NOt even sure if I'd go with anything over 64 GB. I went with the 128 I think just to be safe and don't even use it all.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Prices really have changed. I paid like $900 total over the course of a year and a half. Monthly I had a payment attached to my phone bill. Now a 7 or 8 is just over $600. NOt even sure if I'd go with anything over 64 GB. I went with the 128 I think just to be safe and don't even use it all.

As mentioned by Tartarus, it really depends on your budget.
Safest bet would be the 8/8 Plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2