What should Apple do for this years iPhone/iOS?

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I think I also would say that they need to keep the home button and put a light around it for notifications (assignable colors by function). I don't much care about the headphone jack because me and ear buds do NOT get along (small ears). The hardware for me is fine. Just keep improving the software with new customization features. I've used all the other OS's out there (Windows Phone, Android and Blackberry) and they each have something to offer. Do not over complicate this. They do need to do better with missed notifications and maybe the more customization ability but, and I never thought I'd say this, iOS doesn't need to get overly crazy with changes. One simple thing I can think of? - how about putting the temp on the weather icon? In other words, a simplified version of Windows live tiles.

P.S. The Galaxy S7 screen is phenomenal. I could go for that. :cool:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I think I also would say that they need to keep the home button and put a light around it for notifications (assignable colors by function). I don't much care about the headphone jack because me and ear buds do NOT get along (small ears). The hardware for me is fine. Just keep improving the software with new customization features. I've used all the other OS's out there (Windows Phone, Android and Blackberry) and they each have something to offer. Do not over complicate this. They do need to do better with missed notifications and maybe the more customization ability but, and I never thought I'd say this, iOS doesn't need to get overly crazy with changes. One simple thing I can think of? - how about putting the temp on the weather icon? In other words, a simplified version of Windows live tiles.

P.S. The Galaxy S7 screen is phenomenal. I could go for that. :cool:

The problem with putting a light around the home button is that the TouchID sensor is already there. So they would have to put yet another ring around the sensor. That's a lot of real estate.

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
The problem with putting a light around the home button is that the TouchID sensor is already there. So they would have to put yet another ring around the sensor. That's a lot of real estate.

You have a point. Maybe they could come up with another place to put one. I remember with great fondness the Blackberry notification LED. It was a beacon in the night. :concern:

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site

How about a small LED in the lower left corner kitty corner from the camera? It doesn't take THAT much real estate. And like I mentioned earlier. Getting rid of the 1/8th" headphone jack would free up a bunch of space.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
You have a point. Maybe they could come up with another place to put one. I remember with great fondness the Blackberry notification LED. It was a beacon in the night. :concern:

If the iPhone screen went AMOLED, you could make the screen do something when a notification is available, as well.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I would like
Ability to split view applications and documents on the iPhone.
Ability to shift up the keyboard in portrait mode
Ability to access apps in folder via force touch
System wide night mode (dark UI)
Ability to record phone calls natively
Better battery capacity
Ability move pictures/videos from camera roll to new folder
Ability to swim or shower with the iPhone, just like the Apple Watch.

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Apple should tidy up the settings menu in iOS - it's a really a mess at the moment.

Yeah they should. Putting certain settings within apps would be great. For example, the camera. Having to jump out of the app and into settings to change on little thing is ridiculous.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I really wish they were more customizable. I always keep a Samsung phone as well as am iphone. I really enjoy the themes on android as well as being able to change the font and text bubble colors. I know I can do all these with jailbreak, but I really shouldn't have to do that in order to customize my phone. Apples operating system is 10x better then android in my opinion and I can go 2 days on charge with my 6s plus. My note 5, not so much.

*~Live life,love life~*

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
i would like to see multitasking capabilities like split screen and the picture in picture feature that I've been waiting for for years! i loved that feature on my galaxy note 3 and even though i now have it on my iPad I've always longed for it on iPhone as well. i hold out hope since i hear they may be increasing the ram on the new iPhone as this would be condusive to supporting the extra features. in 3 months we shall see!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox