What Phones Are You Leaving From && Company

rich13er

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Been with Verizon for over 9 years and my first Smartphone was the Blackberry Storm then moved to the Droid on the first day of release. I liked the Droid but it does act weird at times like randomly calling people I have not called in days. I'll miss the widgets but not enough to stay with the android operating system.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Selling my Palm Pre Plus for the iPhone! (Keeping my Bold, too ... I can't give up the QWERTY!)

Been a loyal Verizon customer since they were Bell Atlantic in the 90s! Wouldn't give up my great service for anything, and now excited Apple finally came to Verizon with the right network hardware!

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Selling my Palm Pre Plus for the iPhone! (Keeping my Bold, too ... I can't give up the QWERTY!)

Been a loyal Verizon customer since they were Bell Atlantic in the 90s! Wouldn't give up my great service for anything, and now excited Apple finally came to Verizon with the right network hardware!

With the exception of the bold comment, same here. Bell Atlantic since 1996. Palm Pre Plus ($78 through gazelle.com with bonus code).

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Keeping (I'm opening another line so it has to stay, but I won't touch it) my horrible Samsung Rogue to get my 1st SmartPhone.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been on Verizon for years and I'm leaving (already left, actually) a Droid Pro for a 16GB iPhone 4. Before that, I had the original Droid, Droid Incredible, and Droid X.

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
Been with Verizon since their Bell Atlantic Mobile days, and am now happily giving up my Storm2 to hit the 32gb iPhone. I have wanted one for years but refused to leave the comfort of VZW.

Counting the days.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have also wanted an iPhone for years, but AT&T is horrid in my area. So selling my Droid X to get a 32GB iPhone :D

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

I've been on Verizon for years and I'm leaving (already left, actually) a Droid Pro for a 16GB iPhone 4. Before that, I had the original Droid, Droid Incredible, and Droid X.

Two questions for you. Do you tend to pay full retail? And do you think you will get every new iPhone or, like I think I will be, finally enjoy what I have and won't be looking for the next big thing (at least until the 20 month mark ;))? Because I played with a few driods, asked family with them, but ultimately went with the palm pre plus because it was the most Apple-like (same vendor for software/hardware). But it never quite lived up to the anticipation or quality of my iPod touch/iOS. LOVED it the first 3 months, until the darn thing started literally burning a hole in my pocket. Then, one day, no 3G, no Wifi. I could watch the battery drop % like a count down, then couldn't even make calls. Got a replacement, but then it happened again, and now I have a fairly new one, no scratches or anything, that it isn't happening to. But now I've soured on it. 1/11/11 @ 11:11 AM didn't help matters. :D

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Original Droid... I like Android, but I use my touch whenever I have a wifi connection instead of my phone. That right there should tell me something.
Yeah, I think it does. I have the free mobile hotspot on my pre. 90% of the time my phone (for anything other than talk/text) is used is in Mobile Hotspot mode and use my iPod touch connected to it.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Two questions for you. Do you tend to pay full retail? And do you think you will get every new iPhone or, like I think I will be, finally enjoy what I have and won't be looking for the next big thing (at least until the 20 month mark ;))? Because I played with a few driods, asked family with them, but ultimately went with the palm pre plus because it was the most Apple-like (same vendor for software/hardware). But it never quite lived up to the anticipation or quality of my iPod touch/iOS. LOVED it the first 3 months, until the darn thing started literally burning a hole in my pocket. Then, one day, no 3G, no Wifi. I could watch the battery drop % like a count down, then couldn't even make calls. Got a replacement, but then it happened again, and now I have a fairly new one, no scratches or anything, that it isn't happening to. But now I've soured on it. 1/11/11 @ 11:11 AM didn't help matters. :D

I've paid full retail for a number of phones and will be doing the same thing with the iPhone 4. However, I have 2 lines in my name and both of them will be eligible for upgrades by the middle of July. If the iPhone 5 does come to Verizon this summer, I'll probably use one of the upgrades to pick that up as long as it's a decent jump in technology.

I did like my Android phones but they weren't all that great when it came to battery life and at times the OS really lags (like when I had to pull up my list of applications because I had to Force Close one of them). I had a few Blackberry phones before switching to Android and really liked how well they handled e-mail but the browsers were always terrible. I'm hoping that the iPhone is a decent compromise between the two, plus I already have an iPod and MacBook Pro and will probably be picking up a 2nd generation iPad when it's released so it'd be nice to have a phone that works with my other gadgets.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods