What or How Do You Think iOS can improve over Android?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, there is nothing for iOS to improve over Android because they are two different OS styles. It's not a secret that Android is more open to customizations than iOS, just like it's not a secret that iOS is more fluid. Those who prefer the offerings of Android will flock to it and those who prefer the offerings of iOS will flock to it.

Last edited:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I would like to know your opinion as its no denying that Android can do more.

Doing more isn't always an advantage. Neither is doing less. Too little and you frustrate people. Too much and you confuse them.

Apple's traditional view is that it's their job to make the hard choices and not inflict their indecision on their customers. Google's traditional view is to offer as much as possible and let people sort it out for themselves.

Different people will find different approaches better suited to their own tastes.

Right now, I can do more with Android than iOS, but I don't enjoy it as much. I find it incoherent and inconsistent, and often a waste of time rather than an enhancement of experience. (I have similar problems with Apple at times, though not as much.)

So I'd say Apple should never worry about doing more — they should focus on providing superior experiences with what they do.

jevalladares

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Doing more isn't always an advantage. Neither is doing less. Too little and you frustrate people. Too much and you confuse them.

Apple's traditional view is that it's their job to make the hard choices and not inflict their indecision on their customers. Google's traditional view is to offer as much as possible and let people sort it out for themselves.

Different people will find different approaches better suited to their own tastes.

Right now, I can do more with Android than iOS, but I don't enjoy it as much. I find it incoherent and inconsistent, and often a waste of time rather than an enhancement of experience. (I have similar problems with Apple at times, though not as much.)

So I'd say Apple should never worry about doing more — they should focus on providing superior experiences with what they do.

I completely agree with your comment Rene. When someone asks me what should they buy an iPhone or a Android (usually it's a Samsung SGx) my automatic answer is. "How do you feel about technology. If you like to tweak every option go with the Samsung but if have a hard time using or don't like confusion go with an iPhone it just works.

Take my wife for example she just wants to use her phone and avoid confusion or not knowing what to do becuase she has too much options so I gave her an iPhone and her experience is great. On the other hand I want to tweek every last detail on m phone so I have an Android."

Cheers

Erasmo

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I just crossed over to iOS on the 13th. I had been using Android for years and on Samsung. But my last phone experience was not a pleasant one, hence deciding to make the change. I will admit I am one who likes to customize but I am enjoying the iOS exp on the 7Plus. And it is the 7Plus that made me switch along with my Samsung S2 watch able to be used. But I also bought an Apple watch and Iike it. I will use both. iOS is very fluid and I have not had the aggravating issues that Android can have. I believe I made the right choice. I want a Mac now LOL

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I used to have a Windows Mobile phone and a PC, and at one point my IT admin friend (who uses Linux!) said — you're always tweaking and complaining, why don't you just get a Mac and spend your time working?

I went through a phase where I wanted to customize every little thing but that made me realize I was working for my devices, they weren't working for me. So, I got a Mac and then an iPhone, and I've been really happy (and calm!) ever since.

MG537

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
This one's easy.
The first thing that should be offered to every iOS and macOS user is more iCloud space. I mean, come on! 5GB just doesn't cut it any more.
I once wrote to John Gruber on the subject and he almost immediately replied and updated his blog.

My suggestion would be on a per iCloud account and device basis.
Each iPhone --> 10 GB min.
Each iPad --> 10 GB min.
Each Mac --> 20 GB min.

Any thoughts?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This one's easy.
The first thing that should be offered to every iOS and macOS user is more iCloud space. I mean, come on! 5GB just doesn't cut it any more.
I once wrote to John Gruber on the subject and he almost immediately replied and updated his blog.

My suggestion would be on a per iCloud account and device basis.
Each iPhone --> 10 GB min.
Each iPad --> 10 GB min.
Each Mac --> 20 GB min.

Any thoughts?

At this point, I'd be happy with 5gb per device, even if they're on the same Apple ID. I had to delete my old iPhone 5's back up so my 6s Plus would have more space. I haven't been willing to dish out even $1 more a month to Apple. LOL.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods