What news App do you use?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Good thread. After trying out Feedly, Flipboard and a bunch of other apps I am currently rather satisfied with News360. It also has notification centre widget and I find it pretty simple.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I just got into the MSN news app I am really surprised how good it is. It has news from many different sources, very organized. I recommend it. With Flipboard I noticed the news sources are becoming more spam and advertising and it's really hard to get the recent news you want on there. The MSN news app does this much better.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Those that use Twitter for news, how do you organize them. Which news do you follow?

I use the lists feature. I have about 80 or so news or information orgs on this list. So when I go to the list, all the tweets I see are the news tweets.
Note: You don't have to "follow" a news org to add them to a list. Let me know if you wish to make a list and need help.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I really need to try out some RSS apps and stop going to individual sites to skim through articles. Really inefficient! :) After coming upon this topic I'm going to look into it, finally!

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I really need to try out some RSS apps and stop going to individual sites to skim through articles. Really inefficient! :) After coming upon this topic I'm going to look into it, finally!

I like RSS feeds but I haven't found a decent app yet. Feedly is annoying, lots of flipping and then the read count marked shows.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
As I mentioned in a previous post, I use Feedly as a RSS feeder.
I have about 700-800 news items a day from about 70 sources.
After Google Reader bit the dust, I tried FlipBoard. At the time, it didn't have web base access. I need access from my iPhone , iPad and MacBook Air. For a heavy user like me, the format / layout just didn't work.
I then discovered Feedly which I use from all of my devices many time a day.
I hope this help those of you who are trying to decide how to get your news.
Good Luck

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I have just started using Feedly and have been liking it. I'm trying Unread as a reader, though. I wish there was a way to test out Reeder 2.

With the Unread app, the lowest setting to keep read items is one week. I wish there was something shorter so all that built up cache could get cleared. With the Feedly app itself, I don't think there's even a setting for how long it stores read items? Where do they go? :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR