What musical artist and/or group/band expresses your style and why?

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
My all time favorite artist is Al Green. My musical genre is Latin pop, jazz and ballads. Here is a short list artist that I identify with most.
1. Florida Georgia line
2. Francisco Cespedes
3. Samo Samuel Parra Cruz
4. Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
5. Sir Elton John
6. Journey
7. Luis Fonsi
8. David Bisbal
9. Juanes
10. Juan Gabriel
What are your favorites? Why?

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I love classic rock and I love classic country.. Also Motown ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Rock
Rolling Stones
Bruce Springsteen
U2
Van Morrison
Grateful Dead
Tom Petty
Bob Seger
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
And so many more

Country
Merle Haggard
George Jones
George Strait
Alan Jackson
Clint Black
Willie Nelson
Hank Williams Jr.
And so many more

Motown
Marvin Gaye
Smokey Robinson
Diana Ross
Aretha Franklin

I was raised on country that's why I love them oldies so much
I've been more on a country kick lately though..

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Rock:
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Heart
The Eagles
Santana
The Doobie Brothers
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Pearl Jam
Porcupine Tree

Martina McBride
Keith Urban
Carrie Underwood
Alan Jackson
Alabama
Dolly Parton
George Strait
Johnny Cash
Loretta Lynn
Willie Nelson

R&B:
The Supremes
Temptations
Otis Redding
Percy Sledge
Sly And The Family Stone
Aretha Franklin
James Brown
Marvin Gaye
Ray Charles
Stevie Wonder

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Rock:
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Heart
The Eagles
Santana
The Doobie Brothers
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Pearl Jam
Porcupine Tree

Martina McBride
Keith Urban
Carrie Underwood
Alan Jackson
Alabama
Dolly Parton
George Strait
Johnny Cash
Loretta Lynn
Willie Nelson

R&B:
The Supremes
Temptations
Otis Redding
Percy Sledge
Sly And The Family Stone
Aretha Franklin
James Brown
Marvin Gaye
Ray Charles
Stevie Wonder

Those were some good times.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
The Eagles are my all time favorite. Also Journey, Boston, Beatles, and Creedence Clearwater. I am also fond of golden oldies.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Samo, Francisco Pancho C?spedes, ChoquiTown, David Bisbal, Juan Gabriel,Alexandre Pir?s,Chris Stapleton and Florida Georgia Line to name just a few.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I grew up in the 70s listening to music that my older siblings liked. Queen, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Funkadelic, etc.

I came of age in the 80s, listening to Judas Priest, Tesla, Prince. Continuing into the 90s with Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Nine Inch Nails, etc.

Looking back, the one band that really stuck with me since childhood is Queen. I've never grown tired of listening to Queen. A shame we didn't get more from Freddie Mercury before he died. He was a one of a kind.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I grew up in the 70s listening to music that my older siblings liked. Queen, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Funkadelic, etc.

I came of age in the 80s, listening to Judas Priest, Tesla, Prince. Continuing into the 90s with Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Nine Inch Nails, etc.

Looking back, the one band that really stuck with me since childhood is Queen. I've never grown tired of listening to Queen. A shame we didn't get more from Freddie Mercury before he died. He was a one of a kind.

True... I grew up probably the same era as you and enjoyed all those bands too, well most of them lol, I was one of the lucky ones to have seen Queen in the 80's and what an awesome concert that was ❤️

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, let's see here

Metallica
Rush
Pink Floyd
In Flames
Dark Tranquillity
Lamb of God
Thrice
Rise Against
Kansas

That's a good enough list, unless you include 90's rock as a whole.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
^ Forgot to mention Rush. Excellent band even now. Saw them live a few years ago. A shame they are apparently not touring anymore.

They were touring just a few months ago. A friend periscoped the concert and I watched on my phone ... Tom Sawyer was amazing!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
^ Forgot to mention Rush. Excellent band even now. Saw them live a few years ago. A shame they are apparently not touring anymore.

They were touring just a few months ago. A friend periscoped the concert and I watched on my phone ... Tom Sawyer was amazing!

Yeah, it's a shame they're probably done for good. At least touring. Neil Peart (drums/lyrics) has tendinitis, Alex Lifeson (guitar/backing vocals) has arthritis, so they made a statement not too long ago about it.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it's a shame they're probably done for good. At least touring. Neil Peart (drums/lyrics) has tendinitis, Alex Lifeson (guitar/backing vocals) has arthritis, so they made a statement not too long ago about it.

That's too bad. Look at the Rolling Stones, they're like a fine wine, they get better with age, they're around 100 years old now, lol, and are awesome in concert

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I like a wide variety of music, but I enjoy progressive rock the most.

My favorite bands/artists are: ELP, Yes, Rush, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Camel, Strawbs, The Nice, Rick Wakeman, Barclay James Harvest, Renaissance, Gentle Giant, King Crimson, Nektar, Van Der Graf Generator, Focus, and some of the shortlived offshoots of those bands (Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman & Howe; Emerson, Lake & Powell). I like Genesis with Peter Gabriel, but Phil Collins was ruined Genesis when he sang.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice