What might stop update to iOS 13.6 being automatically downloaded to iPhone 11 ?

Anne Lewis

Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
My iPad notified me that it had downloaded the update iPadOS 13.6 some days ago. My iPhone still has no red badge or notification of an update though. If I look under General> software update it offers to download and install the update but it hasn't automatically downloaded it already. I figured that it just needed to be plugged in overnight for that to happen but several overnights later it still hasn't downloaded the update. Any ideas as to why not? It downloaded the previous update itself and notified me. I could of course download it manually, but would have thought I shouldn't need to do that?

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
A few things..

1) Is automatically download updates turned on ? If so you should be able to click on download update if the battery is above 50%.
2) Did you turn off WiFi because some stupid game likes to bombard you with ads at eardrum shattering volume and you forgot to turn it back on ?
3) Do you have a beta profile installed ? What version of iOS are you currently running ?