What is your WORST thing about iOS 11?

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
There are many great things about iOS 11. I've been hearing feedback with both pros and cons, along with things we absolutely love!

But what about what we absolutely hate?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
There are many great things about iOS 11. I've been hearing feedback with both pros and cons, along with things we absolutely love!

But what about what we absolutely hate?

The god awful notification system Apple still can't figure out. I don't know why it is so hard to group notifications from the same app together.

I also don't know why the married the lock screen and notification center. It's super annoying and confusing at first.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've pared down apps that can use Notification feature to the bare minimum.

That has greatly reduced the scrolling required, but to some degree defeats the Notification feature purpose or benefit. This is on iOS 10.3.

Agree with posts above about how Android has a much more efficient Notification system.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Android has got this down, spot-on. Can't believe how Apple lets multiple notifications from the same app look so sloppy.

Sounds like that is unanimously the worst thing about iOS 11. For me, I hate that the 3D Touch side swipe for app switching was taken away. That was the single most used features. I never double click the home button, but I guess I'll have to now.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I know this is trivial, but please give us a transparent dock. i'd love to be able to see ALL of my wallpaper. :)

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I know this is trivial, but please give us a transparent dock. i'd love to be able to see ALL of my wallpaper. :)

I like when we could have a blacked out dock a couple releases ago, when I used that with a black background. With the Black iPhone 7 Plus, the all-black look was awesome, but they made it so that the dock can't be blacked out anymore

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like when we could have a blacked out dock a couple releases ago, when I used that with a black background. With the Black iPhone 7 Plus, the all-black look was awesome, but they made it so that the dock can't be blacked out anymore

I don't recall a black dock, except when using my magic wallpapers. They also blacked the folders. But the wallpapers don't work as well on any iOS above 10.1.1. So I stayed back on that just for the wallpapers. Looks like this with the 1x1 resolution black.

7cdf0d6ed64c86599557d5d3c8b77bdf.png

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't recall a black dock, except when using my magic wallpapers. They also blacked the folders. But the wallpapers don't work as well on any iOS above 10.1.1. So I stayed back on that just for the wallpapers. Looks like this with the 1x1 resolution black.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170726/7cdf0d6ed64c86599557d5d3c8b77bdf.png

Off-topic. I love seeing well-organized home screens with proper folders. Even more aesthetically pleasing with a solid black wallpaper.