What Is Your Email Signature?

Do You Use Email Signatures?

• YES: I use the same signature everywhere.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • YES: I use different signatures for different accounts.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • NO: I think email signatures are a waste of space.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
With the discussion going on in this thread about whether or not the "Sent From My iPad" signature looks unprofessional, I've been wondering: What else do people put in their signatures?

This thread isn't about the iPad question, but email signatures in general. Do you use them? Why or why not? What do you put in yours: Contact info, inspirational quotes, ASCII art? Something else?

And on the flip side: if you don't care for email signatures, what in particular do you dislike seeing in an email?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine hearken back to the Usenet netiquette for Sig files... no more than 4 lines, 60 characters per line, and are nothing but contact info, and my 4th line is a favorite quote.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For the most part, my emails will almost always have the signature, Just Me, D. There are times, however, where I may insert a Bible verse or quote of wisdom. It depends on the situation. If it's a business email, I will oftentimes use a template that I've already created containing my name & contact information. Finally, there are times when I'm posting in forums and I may include "via Tapatalk" or something like that, but not all the time.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Never use signatures, and our supervising officers hate it, lol. They have the time to sit down and make a nice and pretty signature for their correspondences, i just send short and sweet stuff...then when i go in they all complain "What if we don't know who this email is coming from because there is no officer information at the bottom?", and while it does nothing for my future prospects of getting a promotion, i always say "Just take a look up at the top and you'll see who sent it...me..." Thankfully they love me too much to stay mad for more than a few seconds, lol.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
By the way: for years I've had the View Signatures option turned off for the forums, but I decided to turn it back on, at least until this thread runs its course. Interesting to see what people attach to each post.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I just have my iPhone but I just use the default Sent from my iPhone signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I always use an email signature block. The content is dependent upon which email account (I use many), and to whom I am sending the email. My stock signature is:

L1: Apple Logo and First/Last name
L2: Email address. I realize that this is redundant but it's a throwback to my work email where it's required.
L3: Contact information, usually a Phone Number and/or Street Address. This line often gets deleted before the email is sent, depending on who/why/need to know
L4: Twitter handle. Again, can be deleted before hitting "send", as the situation warrants.

twitter: @mytwitter

Last edited:

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I just use the default one. It really never occurred to me to change it really. It seems like in the past few days there has been more of an emphasis on the signature of a message.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I use the default ones from my iPhone and iPad. Unless its my work email account on my computer in which case I include the address, phone, fax, mobile etc.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
On my iPhone, it says Sent from my small portable electronic telephone machine designed in Cuppertino, CA.

Work email has my work contact information.

My GMail has a quote from the USA show In Plain Sight.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro