What is Whatsapp doing in the backgroud?

PasJ

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I bought a new iPhone 7 Plus two weeks before and restored backup from my 6s Plus. For the past one week, battery life is pretty bad. It shows that the Whatsapp is running in background. I have disable background app refresh under General settings.

I tried uninstalling Whatsapp and reinstalling it. It was fine for a day and then it came back to the same problem. It is draining battery very badly up to a point, where Standby time and Usage time is same under the Battery usage details.

It is very disappointing. I am not sure on how to proceed. Any help here is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1544.PNG
    IMG_1544.PNG
    629.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1545.PNG
    IMG_1545.PNG
    626 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1546.PNG
    IMG_1546.PNG
    561.5 KB · Views: 38

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Background App Refresh is a good thing. Disabling it will not prevent your apps from running in the background. It helps them to run in the background more efficiently. Apps need to run in the background some. It helps them perform how you want them to.
The biggest battery eaters are Screen brightness, push notifications, and location services. Check those things. I leave Background App Refresh on for all my apps. No battery issues.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
It is a worry that usage and standby times are the same. There must be a rogue app in there somewhere unless you actually have used your phone on stop since you took it off charge?

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I cant say for IOS but on Android, WhatsApp is always checking your contacts to see if you have added anyone new so i can add it to your contacts on the App. You can stop this by going to privacy -> contacts -> watsapp -> Toggle off

Maybe it'd doing some iCloud backups? I also remember something about 'Whatsapp Web' Maybe thats doing some stuff?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR