• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

What is this strange display picture on the start up screen?

Stoppme

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Strange Display Picture on start up screen

IMG_6797.jpgIMG_6797.jpgSo my friends husband is the supposed local "tech guy" and he was replacing an iPad 2 display, it just needed a new glass. So apparently after working on this iPad his repair didn't work, so he replaced the power button/volume and the Bluetooth/wifi cable. Now when he puts it together the display works, it goes to the white "hello" start up screen but a square image appears over the top and you can not go any further. I have replaced screens and so my friend asked me about it. I can not find anything on this image. I assume it is hardware failure and I think this picture is trying to indicate where/what. But I can not find any details. Anyone run across this or can someone point me in the right direction.

Last edited:

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Strange Display Picture on start up screen

I'm not sure why anyone would be spending this much time and effort on an iPad 2, but I would say this needs a trip to the Genius Bar.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman