what is this documents & data in usage?

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Under settings>general>usage it lists all my apps and the amount of data used. when i tap on a certain app it brings up this documents and data memory? what is the purpose for this and why can't I do anything about it. I've only downloaded six apps and already over 400MB is gone (and that's just from the weekend). But from everything in the list, it only adds up to about 100MB...where did the other 300MB go? At this rate I won't be able to put music or many more apps on there. I swear there was something about this on here but I couldn't find it.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Under settings>general>usage it lists all my apps and the amount of data used. when i tap on a certain app it brings up this documents and data memory? what is the purpose for this and why can't I do anything about it. I've only downloaded six apps and already over 400MB is gone (and that's just from the weekend). But from everything in the list, it only adds up to about 100MB...where did the other 300MB go? At this rate I won't be able to put music or many more apps on there. I swear there was something about this on here but I couldn't find it.

the documents and data is stuff stored in the application... for example if you had a application that plays movies and you uploaded movies into it the movies would be part of that document and data

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
That is showing how much space each app is using. You did click on show all apps right? Maybe there are more apps you aren't seeing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro