What is the size difference between the iPhone 8 and iPhone 11 Pro ?

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Haven't upgraded from my iPhone 8 because Apple decided to make big phones. What is the size difference between the iPhone 8 and iPhone 11 Pro ? Looking at videos it appears the iPhone 11 Pro is the smaller and the best of the latest iPhones. I have the iPhone 8 with 256 gb of internal storage. Should I upgrade to the 11 Pro ?
Thank You, Vinny

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
no doubt the 11 Pro is the better phone.
Form-factor-wise, I still prefer the 8, and wish the 11 Pro was as thin and as light. I would really like a phone the size & weight & thinness of the 8, without its bezels. Was hoping for the SE2/9 to be something like that, but apparently this is not going o happen.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Why do you say the SE2/9 is not going to happen?
It is likely that a 9/SE2 will happen, but based on all leaks that I know of, it will be an improved 8, with better internals, but the same front side as the 8. So large bezels, fingerprint sensor (which is not bad per se, it's just one of the reasons for for large bezels).
I was hoping for a kind of "mini-11 Pro" => this is what I meant by not going to happen.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Haven't upgraded from my iPhone 8 because Apple decided to make big phones. What is the size difference between the iPhone 8 and iPhone 11 Pro ? Looking at videos it appears the iPhone 11 Pro is the smaller and the best of the latest iPhones. I have the iPhone 8 with 256 gb of internal storage. Should I upgrade to the 11 Pro ?
Thank You, Vinny

Apple has kept this address for a long time. It's particularly good in the way it will put your older phone next to the new ones plus 3 at a time.

https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/#mn_p

The should you upgrade is really a personal matter. An 8 is a great phone for all the basics and vital stuff. An upgrade could move you to the full-screen type, superior camera, 2 or 3 cameras, and the face recognition as examples. I see peoples' choices at scale (IT admin). There aren't many rights or wrongs. Many who balk at the Pro price love the 11s.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Apple has kept this address for a long time. It's particularly good in the way it will put your older phone next to the new ones plus 3 at a time.

https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/#mn_p

The should you upgrade is really a personal matter. An 8 is a great phone for all the basics and vital stuff. An upgrade could move you to the full-screen type, superior camera, 2 or 3 cameras, and the face recognition as examples. I see peoples' choices at scale (IT admin). There aren't many rights or wrongs. Many who balk at the Pro price love the 11s.
Thank You, Vinny

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro