• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

What is the difference between two iPads?

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
What are the differences between a iPad 8th generation vs iPad Pro (10.5-inch) 2017 model?

I am sure there are some subtle differences between the two models. I have an iPad Pro (9.7-inch) and I am looking to replace it. I was thinking of getting the iPad 8g instead of iPad Pro (10.5-inch) 2017 model.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition, the iPad Pro has 4 speakers instead of two and the additional two does make a difference in regard to sound.

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, I was using the older iPad Pro as a digital art device to draw and use Adobe to edit stuff. I was using it to watch movies and videos plus play games on it. I wanted to find out if the iPad 8 can be used in the same way. I know iPad 8 and iPad Pros support Pencil and ipadOS. Besides the quality of the speaker sound, I wanted to use the iPad 8 for those primary reasons. Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I was using the older iPad Pro as a digital art device to draw and use Adobe to edit stuff. I was using it to watch movies and videos plus play games on it. I wanted to find out if the iPad 8 can be used in the same way. I know iPad 8 and iPad Pros support Pencil and ipadOS. Besides the quality of the speaker sound, I wanted to use the iPad 8 for those primary reasons. Thanks

The 8th gen iPad should suffice, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman