what is the content of iOS Files app?

ah931

Jul 25, 2020
Visit site
Hi, My iPhone Files app showing 2.77 Gb of data in 'iPhone storage' section, but i have only some word documents & pdf(just 80 Mb for sure) saved to 'On My iPhone' section of Files app. so anyone please tell me what could be this remaining almost 2Gb of data which I'm not aware of also which i can't even access, also its taking up that much space in iCloud back up.
InkedIMG_3641_LI.jpg

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, My iPhone Files app showing 2.77 Gb of data in 'iPhone storage' section, but i have only some word documents & pdf(just 80 Mb for sure) saved to 'On My iPhone' section of Files app. so anyone please tell me what could be this remaining almost 2Gb of data which I'm not aware of also which i can't even access, also its taking up that much space in iCloud back up.
View attachment 129072

Welcome to iMore

Try clicking as mentioned above and let us know what you see

ah931

Jul 25, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

Try clicking as mentioned above and let us know what you see

Tried that i know its supposed to list out the file titles and corresponding sizes but it's not showing or listing inside it as i believe it's i didn't save anything in there by myself

IMG_3678.PNG

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Have you by any chance got any files in the Recently Deleted section of Files. They may account for extra storage until they are permanently deleted.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Tried that i know its supposed to list out the file titles and corresponding sizes but it's not showing or listing inside it as i believe it's i didn't save anything in there by myself

View attachment 129114

Well, if you are sure that you have not saved anything of importance, you can delete the “Files” app and re-install it. That will delete all documents and data saved by the App, and you won’t be able to get it back. It will be gone for good.

Before you do that, you can easily open the Files app to find what is taking up space and simply delete it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77