What is the cheapest way to get Windows 10 so I can run a virtual copy on my Mac?

I

iMore Question

what is the cheapest way to get windows 10 so I can run a virtual copy on my mac?

I do not own a copy of windows in any way. My son wants to play windows games and I love him. I want to get the cheapest copy of windows 10 I can.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: what is the cheapest way to get windows 10 so I can run a virtual copy on my mac?

I have used OEM copies in the past.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: what is the cheapest way to get windows 10 so I can run a virtual copy on my mac?

I do not own a copy of windows in any way. My son wants to play windows games and I love him. I want to get the cheapest copy of windows 10 I can.

Retail pricing of this OS, historically, has not varied too much from retailer to retailer...even getting it directly from Microsoft themselves. At the end of the day, if you want to buy it with some sense of ethics, you'll just man up and buy it at retail cost.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

It's $119, but if you can buy a version of Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 for cheaper, it's a free upgrade to Windows 10. If you are looking for game support, Windows 10 is relatively new and many games are still in their beta stages for Windows 10.

bryankia

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site

Retail pricing of this OS, historically, has not varied too much from retailer to retailer...even getting it directly from Microsoft themselves. At the end of the day, if you want to buy it with some sense of ethics, you'll just man up and buy it at retail cost.

I am going to assume the tone was that of snarky and not jerky :) Yeah 120 buck is not going to kill me I just wanted to make sure there was not an obviously cheaper way to get a copy of windows.

Peace,
Bryan

Nicholas1986

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

It is said that no matter what windows 8.1 you are using, Microsoft will notice you to update your system.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I am going to assume the tone was that of snarky and not jerky :) Yeah 120 buck is not going to kill me I just wanted to make sure there was not an obviously cheaper way to get a copy of windows.

Peace,
Bryan

I'm wondering why it has to be either snarky or jerky? Isn't it possible that it's just factual?

Jessica75

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

I remember that Microsoft has some kind of family plan version or just describe it as buy one and can be used in multiple device. Like that a family nowadays usually have at two or three different devices, laptops and PCs.

omakad

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

I don't use windows anymore but I know they used to have student discounts back in the day. Since your son is presumably in school that may be an option to look at.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73