What is the best way to store pics for later viewing and copying?

I

iMore Question

In the past I have always updated my icloud, my daughter decided to delete all pictures she didn't like of herself;
Can i still retrieve them and if i updated it now would i lose the pictures prior to this update??
What is the best way to store pics for later viewing and copying?
Thank you,
Renee

Last edited by a moderator:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: icloud

I am not sure what you mean by updating your iCloud- Do you mean nightly back ups? Each night iCloud backs up the devise and deletes the previous nights back up- Chances are the pictures are gone unless they were backed up to a computer. The best way is to connect to computer and store them there.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you've backed up your device to iCloud and those backups include the photos then yes, they can be restored. If you and your daughter share photos via Photostream and she opted to remove the photos she didn't like then those photos will also be removed from the "photostream" on your device. Having said that, if those pics were also in your photo album on your device then they should still be there. Anyway, you might want to try creating a OneDrive (or another cloud service account) to store, view and share your photos.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Dropbox and Box are great photo storage apps. Box gives you 10 free gb of storage. Just upload to the app, then delete from the camera roll.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox