What is the best way for me to access Aperture photos using a wireless external harddrive?

I

iMore Question

I am changing from an imac to a macbook pro with 250gb hard drive. Photography is my hobby and have been using Aperture for some time and have about 23,000 photos currently stored on a managed library in Aperture on my imac. I now wish to store these photos on a wireless external 2TB seagate hard drive. I would like it to work so I can access these while I am travelling and to be able to edit existing photos and new photos and then save back to the hard drive. I have already copied my Aperture library to this drive and accessed it but I am finding it takes a long time to load and then an equally long time to edit so I have concluded there must be a better way to do this? If there is an answer Please Outline it, step by step. I am new to using external hard drives.

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
It's going to be slower.

1) spinning disk vs. SSD
2) wireless connection

You should check how fast the drive is. That could be your bottleneck. A wireless SSD might work.

Honestly, you should use a USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt port drive to an SSD. You need the speed. I would not even try wireless drives for intensive work, even a full NAS.

By the way, I would never buy Seagate or a 3 TB drive.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:lifehacker.com backblaze hard drives

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kopppy