WHat is the best SMS Alternative on the iPhone?

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
I've been using Y! Messenger backgrounded on my Jailbroken Iphone v 2.1 but it often crashes do to the crappy amount of memory in the device or delays received and sent messages.

What do you guys use?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
why don't you just use e-mail. you get e-mails on your phone, just send them through your e-mail, set up a yahoo push account if you don't have mobile me. it's instant.

as far as apps, i don't really know of any as i've never had a need w/ unlimited SMS. someone else may be able to help you out there.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
The notifications system is not set up yet because devs need to update their apps to do it.

However, landscape in everything is very nice. I have big hands so it's a lot easier to type.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Use SMS Touch. It sends text messages through your email and receives them through your email. The other party does not really know the difference. It is like having Unlimited SMS w/o paying for it. :) You do not even have to JB your iPhone to us it. It even has a Landscape Keyboard.

chathuragune

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Free SMS and MMS

I would use SMS service provided by smsfree4all.com. There have Unlimited free SMS. No signup or credit required to send local and international for free.

There also have Free Picture Messaging service.