What is the best phone?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

No such thing as "best" phone. Everyone has different needs and wants. Get what suits you and meets your needs and wants.

I turned off the "best answer" feature on this question because it's JUST too subjective. HOWEVER if I had to pick a "best answer" it would be this one! Nicely said SB!

Obviously here at iMore you are going to find, many, or most saying it's the iPhone. Over at Android Central, it will be one of the many Android phones, etc There IS no right answer, it's what's best for YOU! Some prefer the simple "just works" philosophy of Apple, while others prefer the customization Android phones provide. And these days those lines are blurred further as iOS has become very customizable if you dig a bit, and Androids often have a "simple" mode that can be turned on. And lets not forget Windows Phone. No right answer!

Jezza23

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Completely agree with you! Actually the best phone would come up when all important phone companies were to create a united phone. That would be quite something!

mrnimziki

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
re:

Pretty subjective question, the best phone for one person may be the worst for another. I would say the iPhone 7 Plus, but then my wife would say no way because the phone is ridiculously big. She might say the 7, or someone might say the 5se, and I would say no chance, the phone is way too small. All depends on what you want in a phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I turned off the "best answer" feature on this question because it's JUST too subjective. HOWEVER if I had to pick a "best answer" it would be this one! Nicely said SB!

Obviously here at iMore you are going to find, many, or most saying it's the iPhone. Over at Android Central, it will be one of the many Android phones, etc There IS no right answer, it's what's best for YOU! Some prefer the simple "just works" philosophy of Apple, while others prefer the customization Android phones provide. And these days those lines are blurred further as iOS has become very customizable if you dig a bit, and Androids often have a "simple" mode that can be turned on. And lets not forget Windows Phone. No right answer!

Turn it back on! The answer given by SwitchBeach is spot on...

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
If it wasn't because it's already dead, the Nokia N900, was a truly smartphone, having USB OTG ten years ago, GPS, manual controls for the camera, PKB, 32GB + MicroSD port, a great OS and more.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
If it wasn't because it's already dead, the Nokia N900, was a truly smartphone, having USB OTG ten years ago, GPS, manual controls for the camera, PKB, 32GB + MicroSD port, a great OS and more.

I always wanted one of those!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Smart Phone

There is definitely no one answer for that and if someone says there is, they lying to you haha.
For example if someone said the best phone is the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.. but then i said, whats the best phone for internal storage. Your answer will change to either a iPhone 7 (256GB store) or a Porsche Design Mate 9 (256GB storage) but you could also argue that the Galaxy is better because you have 32GB + Micro SD of 256GB which makes it more.. so its tough.

I love the Blackberry PRIV personally :)

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Best iOS phone is the iPhone 7/7 Plus (6S/6S Plus if you want a headphone jack, SE if you want a smaller screen)
Best Android/Windows phone is up to personal preference

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Favorite: BlackBerry Bold 9900
Best: iPhone 7

*But love finger print scanner on back of Pixel. I actually think Pixel depending on many factors is a better phone, I am too comfortable and immersed in iOS to go Android. Been there and always come back.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I always wanted one of those!

After that phone no other had surprised me at all.

At that time I was learning to fly paragliding and once I asked (in the Maemo Forum) if we can use it as a flight computer and like two weeks later someone answered "now you can, here is the app" and even when it wasn't as good as a real flight computer it did the job for the things we wanted.

That phone was that good.