What is the best online storage for iPhone?

konhai

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I am tired of looking for the best online storage medium for my iphone. I only have 16gb memory and that fills up very quickly. I mostly take pictures and videos, and move it to my computer. After which, I delete all the pictures/videos from my phone for extra room. Problem is, I need to be able to access those old pictures, which I cannot on the go because they are on my computer now instead of the phone.

What I am looking for:
1) Online storage medium for pictures/videos that I can access from my phone anytime.
2) Does NOT reduce the size of images when uploaded to this online medium.
3) Security will always be the concern, but something that offers as close to piece of mind as possible.

I'm sure this will be a helpful post for many in the same boat. Please respond with your experiences and help. Thanking you all in advance :smile:

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
It's a couple out there, have you tried drop box or copy? I use them and don't have any problems

Sent from the great iPhone 6+

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I use google photos. U can still access them on the device with the app, I believe they give u 115GB of free storage as well

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Box is my favorite for photos, gifs, documents and png images. I keep small videos there. The large videos go in Dropbox. I also use OneDrive and Google Photos.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft's OneDrive is pretty good. It has a feature to backup photos & videos from your camera roll, and as far as I know, it doesn't reduce the quality of the photos/vids.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty content with Dropbox, but I use all the other services as well (Google Drive, Box, OneDrive and iCloud Drive)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft's OneDrive is pretty good. It has a feature to backup photos & videos from your camera roll, and as far as I know, it doesn't reduce the quality of the photos/vids.

It's OK. But I find it a bit clunky and buggy when viewing photos. It doesn't lead well. Not on my iP 5.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
No. I only have 3 gb with Dropbox. Free. Most of my photos are in Box. I use Dropbox for a few large videos and I sync 1Password to it. LOL

I see. I used the Samsung tablet of a friend to get 48gb free for 24 months and have also invited myself a few times on other mail accounts, which I used to create fake Dropbox accounts to get 500mb free storage . I know, I'm a sneaky ******* . But tbh, I deleted those fake accounts afterwards..

And I also keep an eye on the free storage promotions section of Dropbox to get extra free space.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436817440.281807.jpg

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I use One Drive because of the amount of free storage I have, but I may start using iCloud Drive for photos and videos.

konhai

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your replies everyone!

So it's between Drop Box, One Drive, and Google Photos. I keep going back to these 3 questions with any of these:
1) Online storage medium for pictures/videos that I can access from my phone anytime.
3) Security will always be the concern, but something that offers as close to piece of mind as possible.

Apart from great stuff about these, has anyone had any problems with the above 3 softwares?

xchpstang

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I use iCloud for a large photo collection I have. OneDrive is not that great for photos but I do have it as a secondary backup since my account has 10TB of storage. For non-photo stuff it's great though.
I contemplated Google Photos but, even though I begrudgingly use Gmail and other Google Services out of convenience, I'm still not quite ready to sell out to Google on my photos and the rest of my private life.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your replies everyone!

So it's between Drop Box, One Drive, and Google Photos. I keep going back to these 3 questions with any of these:

Apart from great stuff about these, has anyone had any problems with the above 3 softwares?

OneDrive checks all three boxes in my opinion. I use it seamlessly on my WindowsPhone, Android tablet, iPad and PC and am really happy with it so far. Supposedly Google Photos is good but I find the interface to be a bit clunky compared to OneDrive but that is my opinion alone. Your mileage may vary.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73