What is September 19th going to be like?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I was at the apple store today picking up my new 15" MacBook Pro, SuperDrive and Airport Extreme and man you would have thought it was Christmas shopping season, a total zoo. Fortunately I ordered online through our corporate discount page and got my order when I walked in. I suspect next Friday will be a friggin zoo.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Damn, I don't think I could camp out overnight. Usually I don't like living in a small town, but it's definitely beneficial in this situation.

I was hoping the same thing, but I figure the increased demand for the 6 and 6 Plus will probably tip the scale back their way and it'll end up being about the same as last year.

Since this is my first launch, I really want to be first, and am willing to camp out overnight. For future launches, maybe I will, maybe I won't. It will depend on the mood I'm in :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess you decided against waiting with your niece?

Oh yes yes...they decided to get her an iPad Mini (because the truth is she has no business having a cell phone at 10 years old and they weren't going to let her bring it anywhere anyways...anywhere an iPad wouldn't work just as well anyways). It was a very nice relief.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
She'll love the iPad mini. My two girls do and they're 7 & 11 although they've had them since the Christmas after the first
Mini was released.

She wanted an iPhone for messaging, FaceTime and to play games...I stayed out of it because I know if I was a kid and had my heart set on something like an iPhone and already knew I was getting it, if my uncle had thwarted the effort, I would have been so pissed...but her dad finally realized how much sense an iPad Mini made in relation to what she wanted to use it for, so they asked her and she actually went "That's what I asked for in the first place!" So they were happy...no monthly bill, lol!

I was just happy because as the uncle who spoils the hell out of her, it'd be tough for me to say no to her little pouty face...and I really just wanted to be a lazy bum until UPS got to my door. :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping I won't have to go to work and can telework. I've got some release planning activities that might mean I have to go in.

If the Fates smile on me, I will be home, waiting for the UPS guy and looking at iMore and having a party along with everyone else.

I do need a case and I'm stalking Best Buy for Otterbox cases until the Spigen Hybrid comes in. I won't risk damaging it, not even for a few days.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
This coming Friday is gonna be chilled. I took the day off work, gonna relax, then wait for my phone 6 plus , unbox it , play with it for a bit, then later on take my mother in law out for lunch and help her set up the iPhone 5 I'll give her .
She isn't aware of any of this... Can't wait to see the look on her face..... after that, I'll give my girlfriend a visit and pass on my gold 5s to her.
What a giving Friday .

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
For me I'm going to Student Teaching to teach 4th and 5th grade. I'm excited because this is the week where I get to begin teaching some of the lessons. I will wait for my call from Sprint and hopefully pick up my phone when I get off work.

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
i REALLY don't want to be a naysayer here.... but I thought the phone would SHIP on 9/19. Wont you have to wait a couple days for it to arrive? I hate even writing this, but that's why I picked in-store pickup. I couldn't take... one. more. day. I hope I'm wrong. And I hope the pre-order pickup line is short!

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
i REALLY don't want to be a naysayer here.... but I thought the phone would SHIP on 9/19. Wont you have to wait a couple days for it to arrive? I hate even writing this, but that's why I picked in-store pickup. I couldn't take... one. more. day. I hope I'm wrong. And I hope the pre-order pickup line is short!
I'm pretty sure they will make sure the phone is delivered on release day. There are a lot of people who already got tracking information.

Mine is being shipped with Sprint inventory since I ordered mine at a Sprint store with the new way they are doing pre-orders

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

No, they ship to arrive on or before the 19th. Mine has already shipped. FedEx shows a Thursday 9/18 delivery date.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping I won't have to go to work and can telework. I've got some release planning activities that might mean I have to go in.

If the Fates smile on me, I will be home, waiting for the UPS guy and looking at iMore and having a party along with everyone else.

I do need a case and I'm stalking Best Buy for Otterbox cases until the Spigen Hybrid comes in. I won't risk damaging it, not even for a few days.

Good luck with that, Lil! Working from home is great - so convenient for days like this, WWDC and product launch days.

I have already got 3 cases on order - 2 Spigen Neo Hybrids and a black leather case from Apple. All should be delivered on or before the 19th, so I’m good there. I’d love to go to the Apple store just to observe, but I am sure the mall (nearest store) will be a zoo.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This coming Friday is gonna be chilled. I took the day off work, gonna relax, then wait for my phone 6 plus , unbox it , play with it for a bit, then later on take my mother in law out for lunch and help her set up the iPhone 5 I'll give her .
She isn't aware of any of this... Can't wait to see the look on her face..... after that, I'll give my girlfriend a visit and pass on my gold 5s to her.
What a giving Friday .

Off topic personal question: You have a mother-in-law and a girlfriend? Hmmm. Interesting.

With all the phones you’re handing out, you’re kind of like Santa Claus!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

These questions come up every year. Delivery date is delivery date. Apple ships them early, and the couriers hold them for delivery on launch day. If your order says deliver on 9/19, you will get it then, barring some sort of national emergency.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with that, Lil! Working from home is great - so convenient for days like this, WWDC and product launch days.

I have already got 3 cases on order - 2 Spigen Neo Hybrids and a black leather case from Apple. All should be delivered on or before the 19th, so I?m good there. I?d love to go to the Apple store just to observe, but I am sure the mall (nearest store) will be a zoo.

Thanks! Yah I LOVE my telework days

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
For the record, I will be heading to Verizon/Best Buy in the morning on September 19th to hopefully snag a 6+. After that I'm packing up and heading to Erie, PA for a weekend away at the wineries. Should be fun!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jdbii

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I would expect crazy long lines. Just as last year (Portland), I showed up in the morning (around 8 am) and there was almost 400 people in line. When chatting with a line control guard, he said that more than half of those people showed up between 5-6. I am going to arrive around 5 am this year, if it looks promising I will stick around, if not then I will try T-Mobile. And if both fail then I will patiently wait and not LOSE it.

Did you get one? Or was 8 am too late?

jdbii

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Are the Apple Store's able to separate out the people who are there for buying iPhones on launch day and otherwise conduct normal business? Will new iPhone still be on display for the public to view at the end of the day even after they run out of stock?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox