What is a good remote app for the Apple TV?

I

iMore Question

I misplace my Apple TV remote and would like an alternative to be able to remotely use it. Any good remote apps?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If you have an iPhone try the here. Pretty good for the TV 3, but will only do the basics for the TV4.

What @firedept10 said. With the gen 1-3 AppleTVs you won't notice a difference in functionality but if you have a gen 4 AppleTV you'll lose Siri and the Remote app doesn't make a very good game controller. What I do like about the Remote app with all versions of AppleTV is the full keyboard that pops up so you can type in searches rather than swiping around and selecting letters on the TV screen.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Having an issue using the Remote app with my new ATV4
hen opening the app on my iPhone 6S or my iPad Air, it tells me to "Turn on Home Sharing......"
Home Sharing is turned on and logged in using the proper login on my ATV4, iPhone and iPad.
I've signed out and logged back in on my ATV4 and still no dice.
Any clues?
TIA

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Having an issue using the Remote app with my new ATV4
hen opening the app on my iPhone 6S or my iPad Air, it tells me to "Turn on Home Sharing......"
Home Sharing is turned on and logged in using the proper login on my ATV4, iPhone and iPad.
I've signed out and logged back in on my ATV4 and still no dice.
Any clues?
TIA

Have you paired the Remote app on the AppleTV? It would have generated a code for you to type in. If you need detailed instructions I can post them a little later once my wife isn't using our AppleTV to watch Friends reruns.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Have you paired the Remote app on the AppleTV? It would have generated a code for you to type in. If you need detailed instructions I can post them a little later once my wife isn't using our AppleTV to watch Friends reruns.

Tks DB,
I found the Pairing section on the ATV4 but it keeps trying to pair but nothing is happening.
TIA

New issue
The remote app on iPhone & iPad is not working on my 3rd gen ATV on another TV.
Same message appears that it wants me to Turn On Hame Sharing.

A week ago when I set up the new ATV4, the Remote App on the iPhone and iPad worked with both ATVs.

TIA

Last edited:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Tks DB,
I found the Pairing section on the ATV4 but it keeps trying to pair but nothing is happening.
TIA

New issue
The remote app on iPhone & iPad is not working on my 3rd gen ATV on another TV.
Same message appears that it wants me to Turn On Hame Sharing.

A week ago when I set up the new ATV4, the Remote App on the iPhone and iPad worked with both ATVs.

TIA

Got it solved.
Ended up reseting my Wi-FI router.
Tks DB
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MannyVelez1