What does this symbol mean?

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
So I've had Find My Friends on my iPhone for quite some time, but as of recently it's been constantly showing what looks like the GPS icon but it's just the outline of it... Normally is just a solid icon. Does anyone know what this means? It just makes me worried that it's saying GPS is always on and it will drain battery like using maps. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1359318749.226626.jpg

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Something like "remind me when I leave work"... or when I get home, remind me to... when set with Siri - or manually in the Reminders app...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I'm not quite sure what GeoFence is...

Go HERE and get an overview of the status bar icons.

Geofences are perimeters set up around locations. Apps such as Reminders on iOS use these to send you location based notifications, such as when you are leaving or arriving at a location.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I've never actually used the Reminders app..
If it clears anything up, the icon goes away when I enable "hide from my followers".

Do you use the Passbook app, Foursquare or something like that? You can also go to Settings - Privacy - Location Services and see what apps have permission to access to your location.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
If someone you are friends with has set-up a geofence on you (such as alert me when x leaves work) you will get that icon.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Usually when I try and find my little brother and see where he's at on find my friends I notice his location Aarow turns on. Happens to me when my parents are looking around for where I'm at. It's anytime you log
In to find my friends and it starts locating all your friends so it may not be specifically targeted towards you but all the friends your friend has on find my friends.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR