What does "Delivery" mean?

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered my iPhone 6 plus 16 GB gold $749.99 and when I got the confirmation email it said it was going to deliver the 9/19 does that mean that I will get it on the 19 via UPS or what does that mean? I'm sorry it seems like a stupid question I know I just want to make sure

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered my iPhone 6 plus 16 GB gold $749.99 and when I got the confirmation email it said it was going to deliver the 9/19 does that mean that I will get it on the 19 via UPS or what does that mean? I'm sorry it seems like a stupid question I know I just want to make sure

It means don’t leave your house on 09/19. Why? The friendly neighborhood UPS/FedEx guy will want your autograph. You gotta sign for that beast!

wildmangk

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed with Apple, it will be in our hands on the 19th so DONT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Like many others, on the 19th September I am camping by my front door with a chair, flask of coffee and some cookies and I will not leave until that beautiful beast of a phone drops through my letterbox...

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, the Sept 19 delivery date is actually a Shipping Date. You will receive the phone on probably the 23rd.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
A delivery date is a delivery date, meaning the day you get it. Shipping date is the day it ships.
I hope I am wrong on that. But I actually asked multiple customer service reps at Verizon Wireless and they told me the Sept 19 date is the shipping date. It means they are ready to "deliver" the unit to your house.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, the Sept 19 delivery date is actually a Shipping Date. You will receive the phone on probably the 23rd.

No. The "delivery date" is the date that the delivery occurs. The date that the item ships (leaves the shipper's location) is the shipping date.

I hope I am wrong on that. But I actually asked multiple customer service reps at Verizon Wireless and they told me the Sept 19 date is the shipping date. It means they are ready to "deliver" the unit to your house.

No need to hope. You are misinformed.

chrisjohnson83

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I've ordered 2 iPhones and multiple iPads on pre order. If your in zone 1 on apples delivery chart you'll get it first day being 19th. They start shipping them Thursday night overnight. Never had a pre order not get delivered the day it launches. Sometimes it's early afternoon, latest was around 530 at night. I'm in zone 1 in Calgary Alberta.

Alienware_51

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

No a delivery date is a delivery date at the consumer's shipping address. Verizon will ship the phones a few days before the 19th and put a hold on them with the carrier to only deliver them on the 19th and after. I won't name my employer, but I work in the shipping industry. This is what the agreement is.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro