What does Apple mean by 'shot on iPhone'?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had a discussion about this not long ago. Apparently, there's a good bit more to it, than just point and shoot. Apple's maybe half right when they say "shot on iPhone".

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Not really everything is directly shot on an iPhone.

Productions use of gimbals, lights, or dolly’s are standard, the only difference is that they don’t use a 100,000 or 200,000 dollar camera, just an iPhone.

Other oems were caught using professional cameras instead of their smartphones.

Reactions: Annie_M

TNT

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
I had a discussion about this not long ago. Apparently, there's a good bit more to it, than just point and shoot. Apple's maybe half right when they say "shot on iPhone".
Using said methods, you can use any device in the situation and come out with similar results. Long story short you can achieve better results by using a professional camera. Much more expensive equipment is needed to achieve the results with an iPhone or any other phone. The price you pay for deceptive marketing.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Any camera costing a couple of hundred g’s instead of an iPhone.
7c6354ae46f4f42874ff7fb57be74333.png

Reactions: Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not really everything is directly shot on an iPhone.

Productions use of gimbals, lights, or dolly’s are standard, the only difference is that they don’t use a 100,000 or 200,000 dollar camera, just an iPhone.

Other oems were caught using professional cameras instead of their smartphones.

My point is Apple intentionally makes it sound as though all one needs do is point and shoot to get the results they show. Apple doesn't mention they use all the extra equipment. And my guess is much of that most users do not have. Not without spending some big money.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
My point is Apple intentionally makes it sound as though all one needs do is point and shoot to get the results they show. Apple doesn't mention they use all the extra equipment. And my guess is much of that most users do not have. Not without spending some big money.

I disagree, at no point did Apple claim to just point and shoot. Apple only claimed “shot on iPhone”, and not “point and shoot on an iPhone”

Reason being, plenty of other oems were busted using a professional camera and passing it off as a smartphone.

11da8e2e7ea80485ddabb0a3b4aa5301.png

b18dad44bb5604e6eaa0058773d54c51.png

TNT

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
Like i said. Anything to appease the fanboys. Apple is the perfectionist of deceptive marketing.