What do you use to lock folders on the iPad?

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Locking Folders

What do you use to lock folders on iPad? I was hoping to be able to use Touch ID to lock some folders but that's not possible yet. I hope it's coming in and update sometime soon.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Locking Folders

Are you referring to locking grouped app folders that you create on your homescreen? That functionality is not available on iOS unless you jailbreak. As for future updates, anything is possible.

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

Are you referring to locking grouped app folders that you create on your homescreen? That functionality is not available on iOS unless you jailbreak. As for future updates, anything is possible.

Yeah I have some folders I'd like to lock every now and then somebody ask to see my iPad I don't mind letting them see but I have some financial apps I rather have locked in a folder as well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Yeah it is locked I'd just like to have the ability lock some folders as well.

I assume you mean app folders. No you can't lock those. If you meant photo folders, you can use photo album apps to create albums. Then you can delete the photos from the camera roll.
If you let someone use your phone to do something specific in an app, you can use Guided Access in Accessibility. It works great for kids too. It Locks the phone to one app. So they can't snoop.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro