What do you think of the new iMac (2021) design?

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
While the new stuff is very nice, don't forget about the older iMacs. I picked up a non-working mid 2011 27 inch for $30. I baked the video card, put in a 500 gig ssd, and this thing is up and running like a beast!! I7, 1440p, and i've got $80 into it. Can't go back to those tiny sub 27 inch screens.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
apple_new-imac-spring21_hero_04202021.jpg

I'm loving the colors but the fact they left the big ol' chin there is kind of offputting.

I wish they would have offered the colors in the 27” model, but if I decide to get one, I would go for the red one. The new M1 chip specs also look interesting. I think they will sell like hot cakes.

jabtano

Jan 8, 2021
Visit site
I received mine two weeks ago much earlier than Apple's promised date. This being my first Apple computer since the Apple IIc.
the design is quite slick in fact the box it came in weighed more than the computer itself. mine is in green and I do like the two shades of green the front being the lighter color with I fin is better on my eyes. it's fast the display is fantastic.
I do have a few issues why in "wozzes" name would apple design a mouse that you have to turn upside down to charge it? and no matter how many ways I've read to stop making apps loaded upon startup they still do. but overall the machine itself is fantastic. I'm very happy with my purchase and my big switch to Mac.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I received mine two weeks ago much earlier than Apple's promised date. This being my first Apple computer since the Apple IIc.
the design is quite slick in fact the box it came in weighed more than the computer itself. mine is in green and I do like the two shades of green the front being the lighter color with I fin is better on my eyes. it's fast the display is fantastic.
I do have a few issues why in "wozzes" name would apple design a mouse that you have to turn upside down to charge it? and no matter how many ways I've read to stop making apps loaded upon startup they still do. but overall the machine itself is fantastic. I'm very happy with my purchase and my big switch to Mac.

That green is gorgeous…Congrats on your iMac & on making the switch

BTW…I agree with you on the Magic Mouse. Having to charge it upside down is so annoying!

jabtano

Jan 8, 2021
Visit site
I do have to admit, Im liking this PC more than I thought I would. The mouse thing is baffling. because with the matching colors and everything looks so good I would hate to place a black wireless mouse on my desk with this. Oh, man the clash in decore. Nah

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I got my Silver 8/8/512 last Friday with a 10% discount. I had just been using my M1 12.9" iPad for a month after selling my late 2015 27" iMac. Got half back what I paid after 5.5 years.
Had never seen one in person, I like the white borders, the silver glass chin is more of a light grey, it looks very modern v the old 27", also had a 2009 27" before that.
Screen size is perfect and speed is excellent. I am just a basic user so didn't get the 16gb and wouldn't of got a discount with it anyway.
The new keyboard is nice too.

FF47E68A-7E07-4355-99B2-1DBEB8016108_1_201_a.jpg

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I got my Silver 8/8/512 last Friday with a 10% discount. I had just been using my M1 12.9" iPad for a month after selling my late 2015 27" iMac. Got half back what I paid after 5.5 years.
Had never seen one in person, I like the white borders, the silver glass chin is more of a light grey, it looks very modern v the old 27", also had a 2009 27" before that.
Screen size is perfect and speed is excellent. I am just a basic user so didn't get the 16gb and wouldn't of got a discount with it anyway.
The new keyboard is nice too.

View attachment 131070

That silver looks great Congratulations

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I wish they would have offered the colors in the 27” model, but if I decide to get one, I would go for the red one. The new M1 chip specs also look interesting. I think they will sell like hot cakes.

I saw the red. It’s beautiful but the stand and front border were more pinkish
Red is my favorite color. But I chose the blue. Got it tonight

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice