What do you think about the Nintendo Switch pricing?

I

iMore Question

I can handle the $299 USD pricing but some of the accessories are little up there in price.

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller - $69.99
Joy-Con controllers - $79.99
Nintendo Switch Dock Set - $89.99

What do you all think?

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone else think that $60 for a game is a bit steep in the age of $1 to $5 apps? They better be damn good if I'm going to drop nearly $200 on just a few games alone after spending a handful of bills on the console alone.

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone else think that $60 for a game is a bit steep in the age of $1 to $5 apps? They better be damn good if I'm going to drop nearly $200 on just a few games alone after spending a handful of bills on the console alone.
Yeah, I do think 60 bucks is a bit steep. (but not because of the price of 1 dollar phone app type games) -Obviously these two things are in totally different leagues when it comes to games. But for console games I consider 30-40 bucks to be the most I'd pay for premium games (like mario and zelda, etc.), and under 20-25 bucks max for non premium titles. (I totally hate it when they try to charge premium price for the more mediocre games, so I never do it when they try to do that) -That being said though, I do still begrudgingly make exceptions for really good games. (I'm having Zelda and Super Mario Odysee no matter what, so they've got me by the short and curlies for those ones, and they know it!)

But I agree with you though that I think it's daylight robbery that this is what they're trying to set as the new pricing structure. (so I do sincerely hope that this is just something they're trying on at launch and that they won't stay like that forever). Alot of people will simply buy less games if they all end up staying like that, so I have a feeling that there will be many that come down in price once they see which ones people aren't biting on as much as they should!

The new streetfighter that's coming out is one of the titles that I'd buy at normal price but there's just no way I'd pay whilst they're trying to sell it at premium. But there will still be alot of cheaper titles too though that look quite fun. Lots of ones coming out by independent developers for it also that are pretty darn good. Quite a few of them I've already got my eye on!

smccloud

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Honestly,
As of right now I cannot justify the pricing for any of it. Maybe when my kids are older and can play with me I might be able to. But given the size of the Joycons, it will still be a hard sell for me.

josepilot81

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion is pricey, you have to take into account that most ga,es are going to need a Sd card to play so this is a lack of hardware. In the other hand like with Apple you have to pay the differentiation and the innovation of the new system which in my opinion is a very needed fresh air for the gaming party.

Good move Nintendo!!!!

mrnimziki

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
$300 is a bit steep for a non-gamer such as myself, especially when the most appealing thing about it is the new Zelda game. I wish there was a way to rent one, so that I could play the game and not spend the $300 on something I know will end up just sitting in a drawer or something.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm priced out. Especially regarding the pro-controller. I'd love to get on board but it is too much for me.

Yeah console price aside just accessories one would want to go with the console would easily be worth as much as the console itself 🤦🏼*♂️

Shooork

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
It's like 320€ in Germany but it's not as much as I expected for the Switch it self (expected 400-500€). In my oppinion the Switch is cheap for the beginning but the controllers and games are expensive if you want to play many games or your controller breaks.

Ashtronomic

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
It's a lot. I live in South Africa and it's R5000, you could get a decent Xbox one bundle or ps4, not portable but still. The standalone Nintendo Switch is 5 grand...

sittms1985

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
I think it has been said already, but the $300 price tag is a little steep. But what is crazy is the price of accessories. I can't remember the exact prices but like $50 or $60 for an additional controller? $70 for a pro controller? Give me a break! That is ridiculous! I actually haven't even looked at game prices out of fear!

sittms1985

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
In my opinion is pricey, you have to take into account that most ga,es are going to need a Sd card to play so this is a lack of hardware. In the other hand like with Apple you have to pay the differentiation and the innovation of the new system which in my opinion is a very needed fresh air for the gaming party.

Good move Nintendo!!!!

The switch actually does not support SD cards at the moment. So you will have to save directly to the internal memory of the system. If that space runs out you have to delete files. Seems pretty weak to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro