What do you guys do with your iPads?

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm a comic book geek. iPad (and similar such devices) are the wave of the future for comic books. I've got huge stacks of comics stored in boxes eating up way to much room. Meanwhile my iPad holds at least half of what I have in physical form but takes up the space of, well, an iPad. I'll never go back to print media for my books when I can store everything on a device like an iPad and stream my reading music at the same time.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I use mine for long form reading, if I have to type anything of substance but don't want to pull out a laptop, and in the evenings when my eyes are just too tired to look at the phone screen (even though the 6+ makes it a little easier nowadays). I don't use it as much when I'm out and about any more (since the 6+), but it still gets use at home in the evenings and when traveling (since work insists on providing a really slow, rather large Windows based machine, it's just not feasible to use the laptop in the airport).

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I use it for social media, to browse, shop, watch movies on Netflix, take notes, write workout plans to share with my husband, I use it for work, I use it to read via Kindle app, and when I travel, I don't bother taking my laptop.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Youtube,Vimeo,reading articles that are in horrid little scrunched up print AND watching a famous victory at the millennium stadium this evening on BBC iplayer !

FercKast

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Sheet music for piano, watching movies, reading books, remote desktop, Web browsing, MS Office (even times when I'm sitting in front of my computer), social media and games..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I use it to read forums because I think Tapatalk just sucks how they changed it for phones ...at least on android, web browsing and games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I can understand your dilemma since you have a laptop, phone, and tablet. My phone gets the most use but I have started to use my tablet more instead of always going to the laptop.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't do anything with my iPad cause my daughter stole it and claimed it as her own gaming console

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Since upgrading to the Air 2 and not being stuck with the laggy POS 3rd gen I've had for a few years, I rarely use my rMBP anymore. I use it for everything. Music, Internet browsing, email, texting, phone calls, movies, TV shows, a couple of casual games, reading, etc.

Obviously my phone can do all of these things, but it's so much more enjoyable on a bigger screen. My laptop can do all of that as well, but it's not as convenient to carry around, nor is the battery life nearly as good. There's just something about using such a thin and light device, and a giant touchscreen.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I just restore my brother ipad 2. Login my 6+ apple id. Play abit on safari and dungeon hunter 4. It bigger but resolution not as sharp. Alot heavier when i lazy on bed. Slower loading.

I sign out of my apple id and went back to 6+. Lol. Going restore again to return.

Im just used to lighter device. I love my 6+.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought iPad mini 1st gen back in Dec 2012 and I totally loved it. Then, I bought MBA 13" in Aug 2014 and since then, I have used my iPad quite less. I will soon sell it off as it's biting dust in one corner! I also use iPhone 5.

tati_koch7

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I use mine almost every day for making photos and videos of my babyboy, listening to music, browsing news and reading articles and for my work - content writing and text processing (OnlyOffice app).

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I use my iPad for entertainment. Watching YouTube, playing games, reading emails, etc.. My iPhone is my daily driver for everything, while my iPad is for entertainment or when I want to relax. My rMBP is where I do my work.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Since all of my laptops are crap and I'm much too cheap to buy a new one, much less a MacBook, I use my iPad Air 2 for word processing to finish out these last 2 "electives" in my M.S. curriculum.