What do you do with OLD 3G iPhones?

bmw95

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I got my new iPhone4 and i love it. Only thing I have poor reception for some reason. 3GS has better reception on the same spot.
I still have my 3GS 32 and my wife 3gs 16 and I would like to ask what you guys do with the old phones? few of my friends sold theirs for cash to getcashforiphone.com Get Cash for IPhone[/url] or better sell it on ebay?
for 3gs 32 they offer 300 bucks and for my 3g 16 180. The only thing i have a tiny crack on the back of my 32g next to the charger port and 16gig has scratches on the back.

Thanks

belladonna75

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
you could go either way, but my friend who sold both of hers when new ones came out did very well on ebay selling hers, hope that helps :)

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I would certainly sell them. I would just be sure sure to be upfront about any damage but I would get as much as I could for it.

It is AMAZING what we people will buy off of Ebay!!

bmw95

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna try to sell it on getcashforiphone.com like my friends did because of the phone condition. I don't want someone complain about scratches if they buy it on ebay cause they didn't see it or whatever.
If i can get 300 bucks i think it's worth it. it's like free phone. hehe

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought my iPhone 1st Gen off ebay. The seller was very upfront about the wear on the back. I mean scratches on the back aren't really a big deal to me, because a case can always cover them up, as long as the front is in great shape, eBay that sucker. :)

ALexSoFLy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Do it while it's worth something. If you keep it and try to sell it later, it won't be worth much. I checked craigslist to see how many people are selling...WOW too many to look at. I got rid of mine 2 days ago but the getcashforiphone.com seems legit but why is the 3G 16gb worth more than the 3GS 16gb?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm about to sell my 3G on eBay now that I have a 4. The 3G is also jailbroken with iOS4, which means it enables multitasking and backgrounds. If the person who buys it doesn't like it that way, they can always restore it through iTunes.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I think selling it on eBay is the way to go, but it's true that you should be very clear about ANY little scratch. I sold my daughter's BB for her and they trashed my rating because the BOX was crushed too much. I included the original box it came in so they would have all the original materials. It's ridiculous what people will complain about.

tx76mike

May 25, 2004
Visit site
My 3GS went to my wife and her 3G got passed to my daughter and my daughter's original (and surprisingly still mint 1st gen iPhone) is now my 3 yr old's iPod! LOL I finally filled up all the charging spots on my griffin charger which holds 4 apple (iPod/iPhone) devices.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Sold my previous iPhones to a few co-workers and one off Craigslist. I don't see the need to keep them. I have a Motorola RAZR as a backup or as I transition between phones.

gmagnes

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Get cash for Iphone ?

I'd like to sell my Iphone 3G (16GB) and trade up to the Iphone 4. Can anyone who has had experience with getcashforiphone.com speak to their reliability. They quoted $180 to me yesterday. That seems like a good price for the 3G, despite some of the Ebay sales quoted above on this thread. Can anyone speak how reliable they are on quotes vs. actual sale price etc?
thanks,
Gerry