What do you do/or did you do with you old iPhones?

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I usually sell them, this time I kept them because my 5s was broken and just decided to keep my wife's as a backup in case we need it for any issues with the new phones.

jimdoc01

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I would get the newest (or at least newer) iPhone, and my previous device would go to my wife. In the next stage of the process, the phones would go into storage, in case of emergency (breakage or loss), or would be used as iPod Touch. I still have an iPhone 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4s, 5s, 6+.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Typically I put mine on Craigslist and I have always sold them the first day I listed them. iPhones are very popular here in my area and there are always folks looking for a nice used one.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I donate any iPhone I'm ready to retire to women's shelters. I so feel for the women as most have nothing and are working hard to get back on their feet. It is the least I can do. Just gave them two 5s after buying my boys the SE. You really have no idea how desperate they are for this kind of thing. These women need them so they can stay in contact with potential employers.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
All of the above. I've given them to friends/family members, sold them on craigslist, traded them in to carrier, used Gazelle, and given to a less fortunate family that was going through hard times.

I'm not really sure how it'll play out with my 7 Plus though, because I switched to TMo. I'm on JoD now. Guess I'll trade it in for the 8. I may just pay this one off and use Apple's Upgrade Program next year.

phoofleh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
The phones, I sell.
The boxes they come in, though, I gut and reuse them to stay organized; like keeping my threads and needles in one dedicated place or to put away trinkets I don't want to misplace. And since I had gotten different color phones before, I can easily tell, (by remembering), which box has what in it.
Those boxes are sturdy!

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
My 4S had to be given back to my work. I kept my 5s and use it at the gym. I went from the 5s to the 7+ and the plus is just way to big to strap to my arm, so I keep the 5s for that. It's the perfect size. Also, if i ever need a backup (fingers crossed that I don't), I can always go back to the 5s. It still works like a charm.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR