What do others say about the iphone x that annoy you?

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh no just wait til u have face id and a passcode and ur X decides to go all crazy and enters the wrong passcode a billion times! The only thing I hate is my X has taken a dump! Good thing Apple is far superior on backups. Getting it fixed tomorrow. Love the X and the new gestures. Wife still making fun of me cuz I went and bought the X right after Samsung screwed up Oreo. Why? I had to go buy her one 3 days later cuz it's cool and her face unlocks it. People always jealous!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am weary of comments that it’s being discontinued or a failure.

Sure it will be discontinued likely this fall since there will be new lower priced LCD bezeless phones coming. A failure? It has been Apples best selling phone each quarter since released and Apple confirmed once again today. Do I let people bother me when they say that? No since I know they are wrong. People acted like it was going to be cancelled back in early 2018.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that annoys me is when people mention the cost. Stay out of my pockets & you won’t have to feel some kind of way about how much it costs🤷🏾*♀️ Worry about your budget, not mine!!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
The only thing that annoys me is when people mention the cost. Stay out of my pockets & you won’t have to feel some kind of way about how much it costs🤷🏾*♀️ Worry about your budget, not mine!!

It doesn’t have to do anything about budget. I can easily afford one but would never spend that much on a smartphone. That shouldn’t bother you. I’m glad you bought one and am enjoying it! We all have our own perspectives.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It doesn’t have to do anything about budget. I can easily afford one but would never spend that much on a smartphone. That shouldn’t bother you. I’m glad you bought one and am enjoying it! We all have our own perspectives.

I probably should have said, when people complain about the cost of “my” device or the cost of any of “my” items. It’s one thing to say you wouldn’t pay for said item, but it’s another to steadily question why/how I’m able to get mine. That’s why I said stay out of my pockets lol

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I probably should have said, when people complain about the cost of “my” device or the cost of any of “my” items. It’s one thing to say you wouldn’t pay for said item, but it’s another to steadily question why/how I’m able to get mine. That’s why I said stay out of my pockets lol

Gotcha. Its no ones business how you can afford your device. If you work hard for your money you can spend it any way you like.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Gotcha. Its no ones business how you can afford your device. If you work hard for your money you can spend it any way you like.

Amen and I have always felt the same way, I work hard for what I have and if I choose to spend the money for an iPhone X, it’s my business, period.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Maybe it’s just me...BUT I think a lot of people have seen the value in programs like Apple Upgrade, T-Mobile JUMP, AT&T NEXT, etc. However they got onboard at various times. Thus, I believe I don’t hear comments about the X because I’m beginning to see it as the iPhone I see most often, or at least a lot more often, except one caveat.

Clearly there are some who have held on to the “Home Button” and also prefer the “Plus” models. That’s great for them...but back to my point, people making monthly payments with an opportunity to get a new device versus making payments on an old device are seeming to catch up. So the “not spending $1000 issue is gone”. They’ll simply always be slightly behind the early adopters because of their “upgrade date”.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Of the people I run into on a daily basis, I have seem maybe 4-5 X's in the wild and thats about it. Given I meet with a lot of tech clients daily I should see more. I do see a fair mix of iOS and android phones.

I will say I rarely ever have anyone comment on my iphone regardless of the device they carry, to me it seems people are completely indifferent, its a device, not the cure to cancer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW