What do or don’t you use?

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough, but what in the world is silent mode? Is he referring to nighttime? Do not disturb? Or vibrate? None of which are exclusive to the 7 or 7 plus.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I use 3D Touch, DND, Bedtime, Night Shift, & Spotlight Search (not a Plus feature but so what lol) all the time. I think I would freak out if these features weren't there I don't use portrait mode often & never thought I would.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough, but what in the world is silent mode? Is he referring to nighttime? Do not disturb? Or vibrate? None of which are exclusive to the 7 or 7 plus.

You're taking this way too seriously....all answers are subjective. Whether it's exclusive to the 7/7 Plus is irrelevant. A feature is a feature.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
You're taking this way too seriously....all answers are subjective. Whether it's exclusive to the 7/7 Plus is irrelevant. A feature is a feature.

I too was wondering what is that feature "silent mode" in the iPhone 7.
Certainly because I never think "silent mode" is a feature but something extremely basic every phone (before smart phones) have.
Something like, if I say I like the power off option of iPhone 7, you would think the power off in iPhone 7 is way different from iPhone 6 and others iPhone.
It does makes one wonder.

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not taking this for a critique of the post, I read it and thought I missed a major feature...hence the inquiry. Portrait mode is a unique feature, then rolled up into this mysterious silent mode made me wonder (still not answered yet BTW)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I too was wondering what is that feature "silent mode" in the iPhone 7.
Certainly because I never think "silent mode" is a feature but something extremely basic every phone (before smart phones) have.
Something like, if I say I like the power off option of iPhone 7, you would think the power off in iPhone 7 is way different from iPhone 6 and others iPhone.
It does makes one wonder.

They're all features of the device no matter how basic.

I'm not taking this for a critique of the post, I read it and thought I missed a major feature...hence the inquiry. Portrait mode is a unique feature, then rolled up into this mysterious silent mode made me wonder (still not answered yet BTW)

I took "silent mode" to mean DND and/or muted.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Let’s review: The section of the forum that the OP created this thread is the iPhone 7 Plus section. With that in mind, he stated in the thread title, “What do or don’t you use” in regard to what I assumed were the features of the iPhone 7 Plus. The OP went on to state, “The 7 Plus has been out for a while now. What features do you use now that you didn’t think you would? And what features did you think you would use that you don’t?”

In regard to “silent mode” (no alert notification sounds), the OP stated the following:
“While not limited to the 7 Plus, I find myself on silent more than I thought would. ...”

In other words, silent mode is one of the features he uses a great deal with his iPhone 7 Plus that he probably didn’t think he’d use. Silent mode or any other part of his thread/first post doesn’t have anything to do with exclusivity which he admitted when he stated “while not limited to the 7 Plus”.

Lambertoid

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
The only thing that I bought the 7+ was for the water resistance and I haven't needed it. Before my 32 gig 7+ I can from a 6s+ 64gig that was perfect

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Let’s review: The section of the forum that the OP created this thread is the iPhone 7 Plus section. With that in mind, he stated in the thread title, “What do or don’t you use” in regard to what I assumed were the features of the iPhone 7 Plus. The OP went on to state, “The 7 Plus has been out for a while now. What features do you use now that you didn’t think you would? And what features did you think you would use that you don’t?”

In regard to “silent mode” (no alert notification sounds), the OP stated the following:
“While not limited to the 7 Plus, I find myself on silent more than I thought would. ...”

In other words, silent mode is one of the features he uses a great deal with his iPhone 7 Plus that he probably didn’t think he’d use. Silent mode or any other part of his thread/first post doesn’t have anything to do with exclusivity which he admitted when he stated “while not limited to the 7 Plus”.

Still though...silent mode?

dgwphotography

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The camera is the main reason why I chose the 7plus, and I use the portrait mode as much as possible.

3D Touch has been a revelation - I use it all the time.

I have turned off all notifications in the notification pane. What's the sense of having a notification pane if there is no icon at the top of the screen to let you know that there are notifications? Hopefully that will be added at IOS11.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
The 7 Plus has been out for a while now. What features do you use now that you didn’t think you would? And what features did you think you would use that you don’t?

While not limited to the 7 Plus, I find myself on silent more than I thought would. I also don’t use Depth Effect (Portrait Mode) as often as I thought I would. What about you guys?
Same here. I thought I would use depth effect more often but realized that I don't. Sometimes I forget I have it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Actually I'm using my 7 Plus like a 6 Plus now that I think about it. Only thing is the 6 Plus didn't come in a Jet Black finish...LOL

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I thought I would use depth effect more often but realized that I don't. Sometimes I forget I have it.

Love the depth effects!
09e8cb8385c7567637453297392a1947.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR