What do I need to check/verify before buying a second-hand iPhone X?

ChamNG

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I am planning to buy a second hand iphone X. What do I need to check/verify on the phone before the transaction? How to know if the phone is not on the black list? All advice are appreciated.

William Hetrick

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Used iPhone X

Call your carrier and give them the serial number and they can tell you if it is clean to buy. And make sure it has been logged out of the Apple account and had a factory reset. Your carrier can tell you everything you need to do.

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah just make sure all iCloud accounts have been removed and find my phone is OFF. Also, be a good idea to see the battery health before purchasing, don’t wanna be buying a phone with less than 90% if it’s an X.

ChamNG

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah just make sure all iCloud accounts have been removed and find my phone is OFF. Also, be a good idea to see the battery health before purchasing, don’t wanna be buying a phone with less than 90% if it’s an X.

Thanks for your advice.
I checked the warranty that ends on November 2019, so the battery should be covered. Right?

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Used iPhone X

Yes, it will be covered but Apple won’t change it unless it’s broken, I just wouldn’t buy an iPhone X with less than 90% battery capacity left, it shows heavy usage

Marcin Dabrowsky

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it will be covered but Apple won’t change it unless it’s broken, I just wouldn’t buy an iPhone X with less than 90% battery capacity left, it shows heavy usage

How can one check what the maximum battery capacity is? I am thinking of buying one and would like to know this. Don't want to start a separate thread. Thanks.

ChamNG

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Update: So i went to see the second hand iPhone. I checked the battery health and saw some kind of graphic with the word Android instead of the pourcentage of the battery! Then I made a Factory reset, the android logo came up instead of the Apple logo! The word Welcome appeared in the wrong Font (serif font). Your thoughts?

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Update: So i went to see the second hand iPhone. I checked the battery health and saw some kind of graphic with the word Android instead of the pourcentage of the battery! Then I made a Factory reset, the android logo came up instead of the Apple logo! The word Welcome appeared in the wrong Font (serif font). Your thoughts?

It's a knock off iPhone ... Walk away

ChamNG

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I did walk away.
Just want to understand if the phone is fake, how come it is under Apple warranty when i checked the serial no.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I did walk away.
Just want to understand if the phone is fake, how come it is under Apple warranty when i checked the serial no.

It's possible it was a genuine device that they manipulated. How did you know it's still covered under warranty? Did you personally verify the serial number off the device itself or did you base that off the serial number the "seller" provided you?

ChamNG

May 30, 2014
Visit site
It's possible it was a genuine device that they manipulated. How did you know it's still covered under warranty? Did you personally verify the serial number off the device itself or did you base that off the serial number the "seller" provided you?

He provided the serial number for me to check. I then verified that SN on the phone itself and it matched. Same with the IMEI.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73