What do I do if I have forgotten my password?

I

iMore Question

What do I do if I have forgotten my password

What do I do if I have forgotten my start up password

Janny Simon

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: What do I do if I have forgotten my password

Is there any password reset option? If no then you can visit the Apple customer care.

Jessica75

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

So nobody in the world can use an lost iPhone if the passwords is enough complex ? Android devices can be dual wiped to remove the passwords.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

So nobody in the world can use an lost iPhone if the passwords is enough complex ? Android devices can be dual wiped to remove the passwords.

Safety feature to prevent a thief from being able to easily side-step password protection by simply deleting it. One of the reasons why iPhone has better security ratings, in this regard, than comparable Android devices. The fact that you can work around password protection on an Android device is not a feature...its a short coming.

Jessica75

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

So, this is why I'm pretty nervous about the lost of my cell phone and the reason why I dislike cell phone with expansion cards. If your had stored some intimate photos that would be a nightmare. Through your words, iPhone seems much more safe than Android.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Is there any password reset option? If no then you can visit the Apple customer care.

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout? your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and get (1) the Apple ID login credentials, or (2) your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they?ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight. You might be able to get a refund if you paid for the device with Paypal - just file a claim and see what happens. Otherwise, you are simply out of luck.

So there it is. If it's your device, use the link (https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid) to reset the login. If you purchased the device from someone on eBay or CraigsList or a similar site, take whatever recourse you have against the seller to recover your cash.

In the future, before you buy a used iOS device make sure there is no active Activation Lock enabled that device. Just get either the serial number or IMEI and enter it here. Apple will report the status of the device.

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh