What do I do if Cydia freezes/loops on me?

nuprin

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I tried to install a new package and when it got to the screen (black on with the details of the install) that instructs you to Reload Springboard, it seems to be stuck in a loop. I can't get back to the home screen or even turn the phone off. I'm on FW 3.0 on a 3GS. Any ideas or help is much appreciated

nextjeter2

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
Gt tht same problem everoynce in awhile hold down th home and power button till the screen goes black it should turn back on or if I dosent jst repowerlike normal

nuprin

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I tried that already, but it doesn't shut down. I can't get it to reboot or even power down, it's stuck on this screen.

sp1a3zz

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
ok im not sure what worked but this is what i did and it put me in safe mode....

exactlyy ol

I got stuck when i hit ReloadSpringboard after downloading something in Cydia and in the past it would stay like this until i did a hard reset which would do nothing and leave me to do restore/re jailbreak. But somehow this time I got so annoyed i tried new things...and it worked....

I pluged it into my computer and it still remained stuck with the Reload Springboard and loading clocky thingy lol...i went into itunes and started a restore from last backup and after bout 5 seconds i pulled the cord from the iphone...

Then I did a hard reset by holding the power and home button for about 15 seconds until the Iphone didnt do anything anymore...

When it was completely off I hit the power button once and when the Apple logo came on again i hit the power button again but held it....

It then thankfully started in safe mode instead of me throwing it at the wall.

Hope this helps atleast one person lol

jesseshawl

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
This happens to me almost everytime I use cydia. A simple hold down of the sleep and home buttons for ten seconds or so will restart the phone, and consequently, your springboard will have restarted.

rbkhockey

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
@sp1a3zz

I read your post on cydia freezing up and looping, and I did what you said worked, and IT WORKED. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was beginning to lose all hope, and that my parents would kill me, but thanks to you, I have a working iPhone again!!!!!!!

cloubay

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I does the same to my phone

I followed the instruction:
1. Hold the power button and Home button for 10 seconds.

For my phone, I realize that I have to do step 2.

2. Repeat step 1.

It's back to the Apple logo and I am saved.

Thanks

Guangui

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
After reading all the threads and posts of the all so complicated solutions, like downloading ifunbox or similar programs, hard resetting and re-installing jailbreak, etc. It was as simple as hard resetting (sleep/power + home button pressed for a few seconds), after doing that the apple logo showed up, and the phone rebooted without a hitch. Thanks JESSESHAWL!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
if cydia freezes cant you just press the home button, leave cydia, and then kill it in the app switcher?

or force power down your phone with the power and home, but im glad you solved your issues! now you have something to be truly thankful for tomorrow

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro