What cases are you using on your iPhone 7 Plus?

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried doing it in a humid bathroom right after a shower? It works for me.

Not sure if serious or trolling! Hah, I will give it a shot. Thankfully the specks are primarily in the bezel so they are out of sight when I am using the phone, but still, I'll give it a shot. I used everything the kit gave me plus my air duster, etc.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
b56d2c5fb06b8f727c8b06be4b7055bd.jpg

8d169f36bdc71cbdea23363a72ffd6a8.jpg

Sea blue leather

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if serious or trolling! Hah, I will give it a shot. Thankfully the specks are primarily in the bezel so they are out of sight when I am using the phone, but still, I'll give it a shot. I used everything the kit gave me plus my air duster, etc.

Yeah it's a trick to get the dust out of the air (clings to the moisture from the hot shower). It's actually a trick I first heard about back in the early 2000's when modding your hard drive on your PC to put a clear acrylic window into the top cover and then modding your case to display them while running was a thing. You definitely wanted ZERO dust in the environment for that operation.

I might have to try it next time I do a screen protector. The first one I did on my 6s+ last year worked great. Then I did one on my wife's 6s a couple months later, not so great. Then my 7+ last week. That was the worst one yet. I managed to get all but a couple specs, but having to lift it back up so much I was expecting the protector to crack.

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it's a trick to get the dust out of the air (clings to the moisture from the hot shower). It's actually a trick I first heard about back in the early 2000's when modding your hard drive on your PC to put a clear acrylic window into the top cover and then modding your case to display them while running was a thing. You definitely wanted ZERO dust in the environment for that operation.

I might have to try it next time I do a screen protector. The first one I did on my 6s+ last year worked great. Then I did one on my wife's 6s a couple months later, not so great. Then my 7+ last week. That was the worst one yet. I managed to get all but a couple specs, but having to lift it back up so much I was expecting the protector to crack.
I'm just gonna chill with this one for now. I have like 2-4 specs, and they're on the bezel, nothing major. I am good with that.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
So, I was going to get a UAG Monarch in graphite for my matte black, now I'm thinking of the Griffin survivor journey. Looks sleeker, but I don't know how the protection compares. There's a pretty big price difference though between the two. https://griffintechnology.com/us/device/iphone/iphone-7-plus/survivor-journey-iphone-7-plus Their Surivor Adventure sounds interesting, and is rated for a higher drop, but I'm not sure if I actually want a clear case. It's also new so no reviews on it. https://griffintechnology.com/us/device/iphone/iphone-7-plus/survivor-adventure-iphone-7-plus

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm looking for some pretty serious drop protection while hiking/camping without going full boxed in like an Otterbox or something, but still be something besides a brick. I used a Spigen Tough Armor Tech on my 6s+ but they're not making that design for the 7's.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Trolling? Why would this be trolling? This works. It's a well known trick. My brother in law also has said he puts his on under the hood vent over his stove. I tried that once but prefer doing it in a humid bathroom.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

I use this technique too at times... Works great

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I am using the Black Otterbox Symmetry on my Matte Black phone with the Alpha Glass from Otterbox. I am a big fan of the Symmetry case as I think it provides a lot of protection while also being relatively thin and easy to carry.

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I am using the Black Otterbox Symmetry on my Matte Black phone with the Alpha Glass from Otterbox. I am a big fan of the Symmetry case as I think it provides a lot of protection while also being relatively thin and easy to carry.

For me it was between the Symmetry (which I used and loved on my iPhone 6s) and Commuter (which I used early on when I had my iPhone 6s).

Commuter build quality from the iPhone 6s left a lot to be desired, so I stuck with the overall one-piece build of the Symmetry. The only problem I have with the Symmetry for the new iPhone 7 Plus is that it kind of cuts at the and and it's very slippery for how big the phone is.

I tried the Otterbox Commuter and I was IN LOVE. The build quality on the iPhone 7 Plus Commuter is leaps and bounds better than the iPhone 6/6s versions. The fitment is air-tight and super high-quality, and in some regards makes the phone slimmer than the Symmetry.

dilligaf79

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I had these on our 6s plus she was sitting on our porch on the second story of our house, and she dropped it onto the driveway. Easily a 15 foot fall onto an asphalt driveway. Landed on the corner and phone was perfectly fine

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien