What can I do to conserve battery life on my Series 5 Watch?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
is the best thing you can do to save battery is to leave in the watch app on your phone that Apple has on by default. i’m just afraid I’m using a lot of battery because I’m in cashier at a grocery store and I’m Moving my wrist alot. what are the settings you guys have on/off

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: battery saving tips

I believe you’re referring to the “Always On Display (AOD) feature, which is only available on Series 5 models. My Watch is a Series 3, so I can’t speak personally about whether or not this feature drains the Watch’s battery. However, it seems that some people have reported that it does. Some folks opt out of this feature. If you want to earn how to turn the AOD on or off, check out this article from Apple Support: https://support.apple.com/guide/watch/turn-on-and-wake-apple-watch-apd748b87e2a/watchos

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Just wear it. You'll be fine with a new watch. It will last all day.

This.

Just wear it and don't "baby" it. Just do your normal everyday routines and see how much battery you have left at the end of the day. You'll be fine.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

So don’t worry about the always on display being on or off Since I’ve heard that uses more battery

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

is the best thing you can do to save battery is to leave in the watch app on your phone that Apple has on by default.

That will not help at all, but having your iPhone close to your watch (i.e., in your pocket, definitely within a few feet) will help a great deal. The further away they are, the more power the watch has to provide to the BT radio to sync data (or to use WiFi or cellular to connect to network services, which take even more power.)

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

is it normal to charge your Apple Watch every night? this morning I was at 97% and right now I’m at 76%. I didn’t know if it was normal to charge my series 5 every night or not

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

is it normal to charge your Apple Watch every night? this morning I was at 97% and right now I’m at 76%. I didn’t know if it was normal to charge my series 5 every night or not

It seems normal. My series Rive is usually in the 30s or less when I out it in the charger. Usually 14 hours a day I wear it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

That is Apple's design intention, yes. The watch is meant to be fully charged overnight and lasting 18 hours until you go to sleep again.

That doesn't mean you have to do it that way, but Apple designed the watch to give adequate battery life to monitor your activity and provide access to apps and notifications while you are awake and charge while you are asleep.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I charged my watch last night to 100%. I took it off the charger in the middle of the night. Right now it’s at 94% which isn’t a big deal at all but what made it down

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I charged my watch last night to 100%. I took it off the charger in the middle of the night. Right now it’s at 94% which isn’t a big deal at all but what made it down

That’s completely normal! There are always functions running in the background. I can’t say specifically which ones but this happens. I really think that your watch is fine and you need to stop worrying about it and just enjoy it.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I ended up realizing that. I tend to worry about batteries in these types of electronics for some reason, then once the newness wears off im ok. lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner