• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

What battery life do you expect

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Everytime a new iOS comes out I see a ton of "How's your battery Life?" posts. Now with all the different types of users, different knowledge levels and different "Normal use" scenarios it got me wondering. What do people expect their battery life to be? How long do they realistically expect it to last? So that is my question. I don't need to know what is your normal usage. I just want to know what iPhone you have and how long do you realistically expect your battery to last? Notice I said realistically I would love if it lasted a whole week but short of a 8" iPhone that is not realistic.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Personally I have never had a problem with the battery life on my iPhones. Now I'm on my iPhone 5 and I expect 12 hours regular usage between charges anything better is a cherry on top.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Personally I have never had a problem with the battery life on my iPhones. Now I'm on my iPhone 5 and I expect 12 hours regular usage between charges anything better is a cherry on top.

12 hours usage time? Wow. I expect 6 hours of true usage time on my i5. Anything else is gravy.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I am with Garz in that I expect to see around 6 hours of usage time, give or take depending on the many variables such as signal strenth, type of data connection (3G vs LTE vs Wifi), screen brightness, type of usage, etc.

I have an hour plus commute to and from work every day and my work consists of sitting in an office so honestly, by having a charger in my vehicle, at my desk at work, on the counter at home and by the bed.....battery is one of the last concerns I have have personally.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
12 hours usage time? Wow. I expect 6 hours of true usage time on my i5. Anything else is gravy.
lol I was typing in the iMore app I meant 12 hours as total amount of time. As long as I can use it from I unplug it in the morning till I get home at night without needing to charge I'm good which is what I get now. I meant usage as in having it power on and ready to rock and roll not as in it being used sorry used it the wrong way.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
lol I was typing in the iMore app I meant 12 hours as total amount of time. As long as I can use it from I unplug it in the morning till I get home at night without needing to charge I'm good which is what I get now. I meant usage as in having it power on and ready to rock and roll not as in it being used sorry used it the wrong way.

That's what I shoot for. Honestly, I just need it to last from the time I unplug at 6 until I get back in my vehicle at around 4:00-4:30. I can give it some juice in my vehicle on the way home! On weekends when I'm at home on wifi I charge maybe once in 2 days time.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Something that I think a lot of users are confused about or get confused is usage.

Example: You can let the device sit idle for one whole day and not even touch it. Then pick it up and crush it. Yes you will show a high number on stand by time, but then usage will creep up. Which makes it look good but really it is deceiving.

It's kinda like working the system IMO. Yes it's a counter in time... But some seem to over look that aspect.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman