What are your suggestions in regard to the best case and Screen protector for an iPhone 5S?

Jordss

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

I have currently got a BlackBerry due to worrying about not being able to type on the iphone, But I've decided to take the chance and I should be getting the iphone 5s in gold at the end of this month!

I'm looking for suggestions on good cases from amazon or ebay, I want it to be in a case from day one so I don't get any scratches on it at all! I'm looking for a thin case, Either Completely transparent or I quite like the look of transparent but frosted! I came on here as I have seen loads of cases but when I view the reviews some people are saying it breaks so easy, Doesnt fit, Others are saying its excellent, So I dont know what to think! What are your suggestions?

Also a glass screen protector from amazon or ebay, What is the best one? I have seen one but its from US where its all completely see through when the screen is on but when you turn it off, The glass itself has a gold tint (Just the bit over the screen, Everything else is clear still) I have been looking everywhere for this from the UK but I cannot seem to find it, Only ones where the outside is gold and not the screen, if you know one and could give me a link that would be great!

Thankyou!

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Best case and Screen protector?

Best case,, Apple leather IMO. As for the screen protector. I can't answer. Best of luck.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

My boyfriend got an iPhone 5S last month as he was switching from Verizon to T-Mobile and joining my family plan. One of his friends got him an Otterbox case for his iPhone and that thing is like a tank! I'd never seen one of those cases disassembled before (I prefer thinner cases), so I was surprised to see there is actually a part that's a screen protector as well. If you really want full protection, I'd definitely recommend you get an Otterbox.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

For screen protectors I'd definitely go with a glass one. The one I use is the Verizon brand tempered glass.

As for cases, you may have to go through some trial and error to find one that will suit what your looking for and make you happy. A few suggestions I can give are Speck candyshell, Speck candyshell grip or a Spigen Ultra crystal clear case. The Spigen can be found on Amazon for about $11-$13 depending on its going price at the time.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to iMore. For a screen protector, I suggest a Tempered Glass protector (I use Zagg Glass). For a Clear Case to show off the GOLD iPhone 5s, I suggest the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear or Luvvitt Crystal Clear cases(s).....ENJOY

iPhone519

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Best case and Screen protector?

Don't have any suggestions for cases, but I just wanted to say kudos for you and anybody investing in a case- ANY case: I was involved in a recent incident where my trusty ole butterfingers allowed my month old Gold 5s I slip out of my grip at a bar and my phone fell and flipped right on the screen side on the floor with a loud bang. Luckily, I had on my Mophie rechargeable battery case which prevented the phone from the all too famous screen crack. The case comes out just a bit over the phone so that it isn't flush with the screen just so much that if you were to lay it flat on a surface it would just barely not touch the screen at all. I think that is what saved me.

Take it from me. Protect your investment.

Good luck!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

For screen protectors I'd definitely go with a glass one. The one I use is the Verizon brand tempered glass.

As for cases, you may have to go through some trial and error to find one that will suit what your looking for and make you happy. A few suggestions I can give are Speck candyshell, Speck candyshell grip or a Spigen Ultra crystal clear case. The Spigen can be found on Amazon for about $11-$13 depending on its going price at the time.

I also use the VZW glass screen protector. I was all in on the Zagg but the past 4 I had have all develop a crack somewhere in the screen. Both iPhone and iPad. The VZW one you can actually bend it and remove it. Yes it's a bit thicker but a lot better.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Best case and Screen protector?

I also use the VZW glass screen protector. I was all in on the Zagg but the past 4 I had have all develop a crack somewhere in the screen. Both iPhone and iPad. The VZW one you can actually bend it and remove it. Yes it's a bit thicker but a lot better.

I agree. I've been recommending the VZW glass prot to a lot of my extended family members as well.

I've never tried the Zagg glass, and when I saw the price tag....I decided to pass on it. I get a corporate discount at VZW, so my glass protectors only cost me about $18 incl tax so it's not so hurtful on the pocket

tapped out by my P!NK fingers from my iPad Air

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods