Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
77876c6ecdcf21c6744937ecb1c418d7.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I did and I don’t like her remake of it at all I only listened to that one song

Most of the songs on the album feature the original artists in some way. Free Bird features Lynyrd Skynyrd. There's a story to her adding Free Bird. Magic Man features Ann Wilson, who's 73, singing with Dolly, who's 78. Then there's Heart of Glass, featuring Debbie Harry, who's 77. Then there's Let it Be, featuring Paul McCartney, 81, and Ringo Starr, 83, singing back up. And the 'Don't Let the Sun Go Down On You' duet with 76 year old Elton John. And it's all for fun. Dolly's husband, Carl, is a huge rock music fan. She did the album for him. Purple Rain is one of his favorites. It would have been cool had Prince been here to collaborate with Dolly. His absence does make the tribute somewhat bittersweet. But I do like the rendition. The background choir is a nice touch.

Reactions: a400 and Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Most of the songs on the album feature the original artists in some way. Free Bird features Lynyrd Skynyrd. There's a story to her adding Free Bird. Magic Man features Ann Wilson, who's 73, singing with Dolly, who's 78. Then there's Heart of Glass, featuring Debbie Harry, who's 77. Then there's Let it Be, featuring Paul McCartney, 81, and Ringo Starr, 83, singing back up. And the 'Don't Let the Sun Go Down On You' duet with 76 year old Elton John. And it's all for fun. Dolly's husband, Carl, is a huge rock music fan. She did the album for him. Purple Rain is one of his favorites. It would have been cool had Prince been here to collaborate with Dolly. His absence does make the tribute somewhat bittersweet. But I do like the rendition. The background choir is a nice touch.

Interesting. I just might give it a listen.

Reactions: Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just don't like to use Apple Music when driving. It just never caught on to me.

I'll listen to the radio or a podcast on the road, but Apple Music when using my two feet or public transportation.

Well, I could make you a playlist with commercial jingles between the songs!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I just renewed SiriusXM for $5/month. I like it because (1) I can play one station and drive across the US and not change it, and (2) I don’t like streaming music from my phone!since I already use it for navigation.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, I could make you a playlist with commercial jingles between the songs!
😂 It has nothing to do with commercial radio vs Apple Music. I just grew in the direction of talk radio, not really sure how.

Outside Christmas time, I will generally listen to CBC Radio 1 or Ici Première, instead of music.

This said…
IMG_4284.png

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sball68