What are we expecting this year?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The rumor mill seems to be a little slower than previous years. Last year by this time we basically knew exactly what we were getting. This could imply that we aren’t in for a huge upgrade this year or any marquee feature changes. Or Apple has done an outstanding job at keeping the next devices a secret. We know (or have a strong assumption) that we are getting two iPhone X sizes but not much outside of that.

What do we think we are getting next month and as X owners, do we think it’s worth the upgrade?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition to the new iPhone models, a new iPad Air model is 'rumored' to be introduced.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
3 New iPhones, new Airpods, new charging mat, new iPads, new Macbook Air and possibly a new Mac Mini (Pro) and new Apple Watches too.

iPhone, Apple Watches in September announcement and possibly the iPad and Watch to boot which would be nice. iPods, Charging Pad likely in October with the MacBook Air/Mac MIni (Pro), but they pad and pods could also go in September but thats if they have them ready. These days Apple has been announcing products long before launch in hopes of getting users to wait but honestly I needed stuff so I bought a charging pad.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I am sure that Apple wants to have a decent notebook in the $999 price range, and whether it's called "MacBook Air" or "MacBook" I think doesn't matter as much as the fact that the MacBook low end right now is muddled compared with the Pro models.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
As a current X owner I see no reason to upgrade. I've been planning on spending any upgrade related money on buying my first Watch with the next version of it. However, I'm on the iPhone Upgrade Program. So, the one thing that might get me to lock in another 24 months of payments to Apple would be if the new phone that is X sized (not the plus or the middle size with the supposed LCD screen) is cheaper per month for at least 128 or more storage. Right now I'm on the 64GB X for what like $50 a month on the Upgrade Program? Vs. the 7+ 128 was like $40 before that or something. Otherwise there would have to be some serious features showing up in the new ones. Performance is literally no issue with the Bionic chips for the stuff I'm doing on my phone so I see no reason to upgrade just to get the A12.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm expecting everyone who says they're not buying a new iPhone this year to buy a new iPhone this year.

I just read a rumor saying that the new phones may not have 3D Touch. Although I don’t use all the 3D Touch features, I did use it enough to not be too happy if the new phones don’t have it. Might be another reason I skip out this year lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR