What are the Pros/Cons of Pay?

kristenelaine1991

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking about upgrading my iphone and starting to use apple pay. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of apple pay? DO you like it? How is it compared to samsung pay, paypal visa express?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Pros/Cons?

I love it!

And it's works everywhere contactless payment is accepted (Thanks to the NFC chip).

So far, the cons are if I use it in restaurant since you can include tip directly with the card reader which requires the card to be inserted in their machine.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pros/Cons?

Easy to pay without taking out your wallet or purse

If you forget your wallet or purse, you can still make a purchase.

Well supported.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I like it a lot - when I remember to use it. Lol. I never used Samsung pay so I can't speak to that but Apple Pay has been pretty seamless to me.

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site

+ Faster than most EMV chip reader terminals. It's less than a second to use Apple Pay vs. sometimes 20-30sec with EMV chip.
+ Virtual card number as opposed to your real debit/credit card number.
+ Works nearly everywhere/anywhere contactless payments are accepted.
+ TouchID security
+ Convenience of not having to take out your wallet.
+ Digital copy of your receipts.

- Not every merchant supports contactless payments; some that do still don't work reliably (i.e. McDonalds).
- Not every bank and credit union supports it for debit and/or credit cards. I have BofA, they support it for everything; meanwhile, my credit union only supports it for their credit card.
- Reinstall iOS, may have to re-setup your Apple Pay (secure).
- (Not uncommon) Some older contactless card readers don't actually work, or work reliably--not specifically an Apple Pay issue but just crummy terminals, you may have to bust out your wallet.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

After Reading all these threads I feel safe trying it for the first time now that my big bank, one of the last hold outs got around to joining the digital world

Santander Bank

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

There's still not a lot of businesses here that do Apple Pay. I've used it at Subway a few times and at McDonald's. It doesn't work in the drive thru at McD's, but does inside.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh