What are the chances of getting a 64gb 5s the day of?

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
In response to OP's question I say a good chance. When the 5 came out I waited at the Apple Store to get it. When they were handing out the cards on which color & size you want they still had plentiful 64GBs in either color. However in this case I don't think (although I could be wrong) the turnout for the 5S is going to be a lot. The 5C maybe.

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried.

maryjane2300

May 12, 2013
Visit site
In response to OP's question I say a good chance. When the 5 came out I waited at the Apple Store to get it. When they were handing out the cards on which color & size you want they still had plentiful 64GBs in either color. However in this case I don't think (although I could be wrong) the turnout for the 5S is going to be a lot. The 5C maybe.

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried.

Thanks boss!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
So far everyone I've talked to wants the 5S, and not the C. I'm willing to be a few days late and get up early (or stay up late) to order online and have it sent to my house.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I don't know why they aren't doing preorders for the 5S like they have in the past.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Does AT&T reserve new phones?

No, you cannot reserve an iPhone for in store pickup at an AT&T store. AT&T did allow this with the iPhone 4, however, they changed it with the 4S and were no longer allowing iPhone reserves for in store pick up. It might be good to call your local AT&T store, just to make sure, though.

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with buying these at the Sprint store? I took this Friday off and want to have an idea how early I should get in line. I'd be buying a 32 and 64gb in slate gray.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
So far everyone I've talked to wants the 5S, and not the C. I'm willing to be a few days late and get up early (or stay up late) to order online and have it sent to my house.

Was discussing the new phones with some of my students this morning and majority want the C.

MrLogan

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. How old are the student? what was their reasoning for wanting the 5c over 5s?

I don't find that surprising. For a student, the $100 difference is a huge amount. And the fact that there is a choice of colors, that's important to many people.

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I know this may be impossible to answer, but how fast do you think the 5s will sell out online, if it does?

I plan to order my 5s right at midnight on the 20th and hope to get it early next week.

Will Apple's servers be swamped and will I be able to successfully order it on Apple's website?

EDIT: I'm shooting for the 32 GB space gray model.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't find that surprising. For a student, the $100 difference is a huge amount. And the fact that there is a choice of colors, that's important to many people.

I agree 100% but few other folks disagreed with this. I think the 5 rebranded as a 5c in colourful plastic body will be a hit between the teens and young adults and even to with some adults who don't care for the latest and the greatest.

I was hoping the top end would have colours, i would go for a 5c but I already had a 5 so makes sense to go to 5s.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. How old are the student? what was their reasoning for wanting the 5c over 5s?

High school juniors/seniors. It was a group of five and reasons were cost and colors. One girl said her parents were going to get her a 4 (I think she meant 4s) because it was free.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with buying these at the Sprint store? I took this Friday off and want to have an idea how early I should get in line. I'd be buying a 32 and 64gb in slate gray.

Earlier the better IMO. You could always call your Sprint store and ask what they'd suggest. Find out what time they open and be prepared to be there well before they open to wait.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR