What Apple needs to fix in 2016

Apple Blogger

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
2015 saw a lot of amazing technology from Apple:

1. The MacBook- A Notebook with a new battery design, new keyboard design, and the logic board being 10 times smaller than their previous notebooks.

2. Apple Watch - A whole computer on your wrist. With a pretty decent interface and scrolling through the crown.

3. The iPad pro - A tablet about which I've heard and read quite a few articles where they mentioned that it is capable of replacing the laptop, but for a few things it can't do that.

4. Apple Pay- Now it only takes a second to pay! Although launched last year, this year marks its 1st year.

5. The other products iPhone, iPad mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air; all great ones.

But for me the major flow was the rollout a of these great products. They seemed unfinisfed, rolled out because their due date had come.

The software from Apple was most unfinished.

1. iOS 9- Had quite a few issues when it initially launched. The music app was a mess. The Apple Music launch was a mess. No proper tabs. It was a mess.

2. Mac OS X - The latest OS was I think the most buggy till date. I had never heard a Mac OS so buggy in them last few years.

3. The Apple TV- It came out with a good software but seemed unfinished and rolled out, as I said, cause they reached their due date. There was no Siri for Apple Music. Only 2 devices can be connected. Inputting passwords is very tiresome. And no 4K! Their Mac support 4K and 5K, the iPhone supports 4K. The TVs are now 4K displayed. But no 4K on the Apple TV.. I think that's still a smaller part than the software and the device pairing limitation.(don't forget it's only of 32 GB and 128 GB)

The thing that Apple should fix in the next year:

1. The first major problem for me was their launches of the products with unfinished stuff. Ive never seen Apple launching products still not completed being launched as a full product. I'm sure the 2nd gen products will solve that, but my fear is the those will solve that only, and the main, cool, new stuff will be pushed to the 3rd gen. I feel Apple should stop releasing products quickly and should release products perfectly. I wouldn't mind if they launch the product after a few months rather than laughing very quickly after the keynote. I would love them to launch when the products are ready to launch, and not laugh cause the date has arrived.

2. Software- The hardware from Apple is just amazing. The Mac iPhones, iPads and the watch, blow my mind. Sometimes I think certain hardwares are to confuse me with its use- like the haptic engine in the iPhone 6s. The weight of the phone noticibly increased from the iPhone 6, and I don't like the haptic vibration. I feel the normal vibration would be enough. The battery has been reduced cause of the added hardware. But the software has started to appear as more buggy than ever along with many issues. And that's common for all their devices. So I think Apple should work a little more harder in 2016 on software and then along with their awesome hardware, they will launch amazingly HOT products.

3. iCloud, handoff, continuity, extensibility- I was really hoping for some amazing stuff for these 4 services and features. iCloud saw some amazingly lucrative pricing with only $1 for 50 Gb and with iCloud Drive and iCloud Photo Library and with whatsapp using iCloud space to store my data, I think it's a good business for Apple and a good pay for a consumer too. In 2016 I really hope to see. These 4 services get some new feature. Some "wow" services for iCloud and some "that's just awesome" for the other 3 features.

4. Prices - well this point is always debatable. Last night I saw an old Apple keynote of 2003, where Steve jobs showed a new skiing and snowboarding jacket, which they had partnered to sell with another company, it was made for the iPod. It's retail price was $499. That's just too much for a jacket. In 2015 the prices of the new products (not only in USA but worldwide) like the MacBook, the Apple Watch and its bands and accessories, the iPhone, iPad; were really high. If they could reduce it even by 25% with their latest launches in 2016 it would be a good purchase.

The year 2015 has been a real roller coaster. On one hand Apple made its most profitable quarter, while on the other hand, the products it launched were unfinished. On one hand. The technology it launched was pretty good, whereas on the other hand, it didn't reflect on its stock price for the investor, and its stock lost a lot of value. I really would buy many many products Apple launched this year, but I felt that they could be a little more polished. Like the new MacBook could have atleast 2 or 3 ports, and it would be the most amazing Mac I have seen. But with 1 port, it's not worth the price. I hope Apple doesn't remove the headphone jack in iPhone 7 as the rumours suggest. I listen to my music when my phone charges, I won't be able to do that then. I think it's time Apple brings another industry standard by bringing a 2.5 or 2.75 mm jack to the market. I don't know what all Apple has in works for next year. But I'm really excited for it.

EdwardSmith36

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey there, I agree with you Mr.RogMoore, they should launch some low budget handset so that everybody can experience the wonders of iphone & it's unique features.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nice information and Apple should also launch some low level iPhones in order to low budget people to get it.

Hey there, I agree with you Mr.RogMoore, they should launch some low budget handset so that everybody can experience the wonders of iphone & it's unique features.

"Low-budget" people, as you've called them, can already purchase iPhones without causing a strain on their budget. There are numerous payment plans by Apple as well as the carriers that make purchasing an iPhone easy. It's not like back in 2007 when buyers had to pay the entire price of the device upfront, but somehow, some people still choose to view the iPhone as something only a few people can afford when proof to the contrary is abound. Furthermore, you're giving the impression that the only reason people don't have iPhones is because they can't afford them and you're ignoring the fact that a lot of people "prefer" other brands/models.

Last edited:

paulrubin3

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
They launched major redesigns with the MacBook, iPad Pro (the screen mostly), Apple Watch and Apple TV. No surprise that this was a glitchy year hardware-wise. I expect the next gen MacBook to resolve some of its issues but it's purpose is to be an ultra-portable, not a primary laptop. There will be compromises there. The iPad Pro hasn't really be a problem. Release of the peripherals were the problem. And ensuring software development for it continues to be hampered by App Store rules. iOS 10 needs to really fork the iPhone and iPad development in order to give iPad owners the proper experience. There's been some of that in iOS 9 but it needs to really accelerate. Not sure what you can do with the Watch beyond making it faster, adding sensors, going thinner without compromising its barely adequate battery life, and perhaps adding a camera that few will use, and of course making it a more independent product. It's success or failure is app development centric. Apple can't really control that but whatever they do needs to consider that as the end all and be all. The Apple TV is really fine as is. I think they need to tweet the user interface a bit, make text entry easier, add bluetooth keyboard support, get Amazon support. Nothing major in the overall scheme of things. And they're allowing the pricing to get out of control a bit. The 15" MacBook Pro is many hundreds too expensive. The Air needs price cuts if they aren't going Retina. The Mini is due a refresh. The iMacs could use minor pricing cuts and the phasing out of the non-Retina versions. And the Pro needs all internal upgrade.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I actually like the idea and phrase "room for improvements". Makes the future worth wild in my opinion. Nothing and I mean nothing is perfect....just keep the improvements coming and continue to make most of us HAPPY 🏽

EdwardSmith36

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
They have almost done everything that no other brand thought of. I think they should launch some low range mobiles so that every individual can experience its uniqueness.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The iPad Pro still needs improvement.

I like to use mine, but Apple NEEDS to make this thing more capable if they want to position this as a laptop-replacement.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen