What AA batteries do you all recommend?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
What AA batteries do you guys recommend?

This may sound like a stupid question but can you buy any rechargeable USB station and put AA batteries in whatever they need go in

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.
If you want to know if you can put rechargeable batteries where you normally use regular AA batteries, then yes.
If you are asking if you can recharge regular AA batteries, then no.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
For example. If you have energizer batteries that you use in your TV remote can you re-charge those in any USB rechargeable hub?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Never ever try to charge batteries that are not rechargeable.
Rechargeable batteries always say rechargeable on the batteries and the package.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I just purchase the Kirkland AA's at Costco not the rechargeable ones, very good value and no never try to recharge them .

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I never heard of that brand before. Haven't seen them anywhere I shop.

Neither have I. I was talking about batteries in general.
If you must know what brands I do buy, I get those cheaper versions of Duracells, Philips’, Kodaks, Grundigs and soforth. I don’t discriminate. If it is $3 or even less for 12 - 20 batteries, I buy it.
d1f89c4ec5f3915a6db61683717b2782.jpg

None of these packs cost me more than $5

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Found this description in the world's most trustworthy information source, the Internet:)

"The general conclusion is that most alkaline cells behave similarly to each other. Kirkland Signature from Costco were the best "supermarket" brand battery we tested in the 200mA test and in the 1000mA test. It appears to be a re-labeled Duracell; the negative end-cap is identical to Duracells."

So there. I am sure the Costco's store brand "Kirkland" is made by Duracell.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I recommend Energiser batteries or Energiser Ultra for non rechargeable uses, they seem to last well. Bear in mind that any use that needs a battery at the very top end of it’s performance to work well is better performed by a good throw away battery, Rechargeables never reach the same amount of top end storage as the good disposeables.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Best rechargeable battery without a doubt is eneloop. Amazon is a good source, Costco has the best prices but doesn't carry them on a regular basis ...
5388.jpg